Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My introduction to the catastrophe that is deviantart.
My introduction to the catastrophe that is deviantart.
I met Matt over a year ago in a games design course and it forever rocked my understanding of the words "socially retarded".
He fuffilled every stereotype of the sexually perverse geek I had ever heard of. He seemed to have a near sexual obsession for sonic the hedgehog. Why I remained on that course as long as I did has long since been a mystery to me.
I hadn't even heard of deviantart until the day I caught him on it... and then I read his fan fiction and it was the most psychotically stupid shit I had ever read in my life. Most of it was too boring to read but then, then I found this... and I laughed, and I laughed, and I laughed. If it had been done in irony it would of been genius but it wasn't. He had genuinely written this as a serious piece.
Now, I'm evil. Thats a given but I challange anyone to read this and not burst out laughing by the end. Its just... its beautiful.

http://super-saiyan-matt.deviantart.com/...r-94665182

Oh and then theres this more recent and shorter addition.
http://super-saiyan-matt.deviantart.com/...44#/dsk2f0

I would love for him to write more, I mean these are just fucking hilarious but it seems as if he has retired. Shame.
Of course looking for other sources of unintended comedy on that site is kind of like dumpster diving for a five-star meal behind Nandos.
Its not going to happen and if it does its a one in a million shot, a freak occurrence.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
RE: My introduction to the catastrophe that is deviantart.
Lemme see your opus Raph...lol?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I have an aunt obsessed with transformers, who writes her own screenplays and stories for it. I could link you to her stupid shit but she's 30yr old so I would rather not be evil to her. And im talking about the cartoons not the movies.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(September 4, 2012 at 5:45 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Lemme see your opus Raph...lol?

Sure. Let me just get the link for my Knight Ryder fan-fic. I don't want to give away too much but kitt gets his brain replaced with Lucy Lui and ends up pregnant with my child.
David Hasslehoff dies in a beach related incident leaving me to ride shotgun with my cyborg-car offspring.

Honestly, whats the point in fan-fic if not to bring laughter to those able to appreciate how horrible it is? I wish I could create that wonderful variety of insane shite. I promise you some of the most hilarious stuff ever written is by sexually frustrated teenagers with an unhealthy obsession of some strange cartoon or game.
If there is such a thing as literary excellence then this is definitely not it. Its the other end of the spectrum but I still think it deserves recognition. Its so awful it verges on genius.

(September 4, 2012 at 5:47 pm)JohnDG Wrote: I have an aunt obsessed with transformers, who writes her own screenplays and stories for it. I could link you to her stupid shit but she's 30yr old so I would rather not be evil to her. And im talking about the cartoons not the movies.

Ah but does she write herself into it and put in a scene where she gets fisted by Optimus Prime causing her DNA to be altered and make her a transformer-transhuman hybrid?

Seriously, I'm not even exaggerating that much. That kind of shit is exactly the kind of thing people will write without any irony on this site.
Trust me, its out there and its fucking hilarious.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I'm on Deviantart. I go by the handle Rickersnary (it comes from Dashiell Hammett.) I've currently got plans for a play (possibly my first full-length two-act play) entitled The Giant Tadpole Cometh Forth. I've got Scene 1 written down, and an outline of further scenes that may take a while to get written because I've got school and a job with Anglotopia. It's also part of a campaign where I and quite a few other people are antagonising This guy: Jake Tanner. He wrote an infamously terrible and unreadable fanfic called "Naruto Veangance Revelaitons." Among other things, including his refusal to spellcheck, including numerous sexual practices so depraved that the Marquis de Sade would balk at them, and having really shitty taste in film, he's giving atheism a bad name. And he's now back on Deviantart to create a fanfic for Neon Genesis Evangelion wherein he replaces Shinji Ikari as the savior of Earth, all the depth is gone, and his girlfriend shoves one of her tits in another woman's ass. And I really wish I were making that up.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Hey...my photography's on deviantArt. I'm no expert, but it ain't a catastrophe all over that site.

http://duchessofedelweiss.deviantart.com/

However, I did read a really enlightening essay on dA that explained exactly why bronies love ... ponies.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(September 4, 2012 at 10:47 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Hey...my photography's on deviantArt. I'm no expert, but it ain't a catastrophe all over that site.

http://duchessofedelweiss.deviantart.com/

However, I did read a really enlightening essay on dA that explained exactly why bronies love ... ponies.

Where is it? I'd like to see how well it fits my experience.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(September 4, 2012 at 10:47 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: However, I did read a really enlightening essay on dA that explained exactly why bronies love ... ponies.

I think we both know I'm going to ask for a link with an enthusiasm that verges on unsettling.
I must see this.

(September 4, 2012 at 10:12 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: I'm on Deviantart. I go by the handle Rickersnary (it comes from Dashiell Hammett.) I've currently got plans for a play (possibly my first full-length two-act play) entitled The Giant Tadpole Cometh Forth. I've got Scene 1 written down, and an outline of further scenes that may take a while to get written because I've got school and a job with Anglotopia. It's also part of a campaign where I and quite a few other people are antagonising This guy: Jake Tanner. He wrote an infamously terrible and unreadable fanfic called "Naruto Veangance Revelaitons." Among other things, including his refusal to spellcheck, including numerous sexual practices so depraved that the Marquis de Sade would balk at them, and having really shitty taste in film, he's giving atheism a bad name. And he's now back on Deviantart to create a fanfic for Neon Genesis Evangelion wherein he replaces Shinji Ikari as the savior of Earth, all the depth is gone, and his girlfriend shoves one of her tits in another woman's ass. And I really wish I were making that up.

OH wow. I am going to have so much fun with this. Thank you. I've already written my first review of the Jake Tanners first chapter.

"This is one of the most eloquent, fantastically written stories I've ever read. I mean how heart-torn ronan must of been as he left his villafe to have his crotch rubbed by ninjas. I was completely drawn in when Ochimura said ronan wasn't as powerrugfukl as he thinks and then ronan scared him off by roaring at him.
Anyway, I can't wait for this next instalment of this work of literary excellence. Well done."

It really is the other end of the spectrum, love it.
- Abdul Alhazred.
(September 4, 2012 at 5:43 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: Now, I'm evil. Thats a given but I challange anyone to read this and not burst out laughing by the end. Its just... its beautiful.

I can never get those minutes of my life back.
[Image: ascent_descent422.jpg]
Tho' Nature, red in tooth and celt
With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

Red Celt's Blog
(September 5, 2012 at 6:31 am)Red Celt Wrote:
(September 4, 2012 at 5:43 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: Now, I'm evil. Thats a given but I challange anyone to read this and not burst out laughing by the end. Its just... its beautiful.

I can never get those minutes of my life back.

"Valmor blinks and then a gigantic tornado of ki surrounded him. Matt jumps back as the razor winds chopped at Valmors being and growls as he came out...baddly damaged. Matt crossed his arms. "Boy this is too easy..." Valmor growls "Y...you make...a mockery of..me!??!" Meanwhile with Mataos, Eve, Six, Noah and Dash. They were astonished by Matt's power. "Oh...so this is the power of the golden warrior..." Noah said and Dash nods. "Yep....heh good ol Matt..." Mataos crossed his arms and Six puts an arm around Mataos's neck. Both watching the fight. Eve still had a faint blush on her face. <Oh cool...oh my gosh...go MATT!!! KILL THAT BASTARD!!!!> She thought. Grinning alot. She also was thinking about how sexy Matt was but then again....that was on her mind alot."

Seriously, why would you want to?
- Abdul Alhazred.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Borowitz - Republican Catastrophe! Minimalist 0 758 June 25, 2015 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist