Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh for fuck sake... Twitter
Oh for fuck sake... Twitter
Its finally happened. After two years of swearing off social networking sites I was lured to Twitter by Frankie Boyle like a child to Michael Jackson with a theme park and a cash settlement. Eventually I found a tweet sent to him that was so stupid I signed up under "RaphielDrake" just so I could mock it. As time goes by my IQ will decrease and I will slowly turn into a vegetable. In five years time I will have a brief moment of horrified sentience when I realise what has happened. I will take my life leaving a crumpled note with only one word desperately scrawled on it in large, shaky letters;
"LOL"

If anyone else here finds themselves already doomed to the same fate feel free to add me so we can waste hours of our lives trading inane banter that will eventually lead us to becoming social cripples.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
RE: Oh for fuck sake... Twitter
Citizen, step away from the tweets and nobody gets hurt.
(September 25, 2012 at 12:32 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Citizen, step away from the tweets and nobody gets hurt.

Too late bitches, too late.
[Image: FKwol3j5sEixmECI-ZA-hQ2.png]
By the time I'm done it'll be an irrevocable fact that I am going to burn...
because there will be people making effigies of me around the world and setting fire to them.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I've been on Twitter since 2007. I stopped using it in the past few months because of all the stupid retweets and links people send out. That's like 99 percent of what gets sent out now.

It was really fun when people would use Twitter to make clever jokes, interesting observations, or join in on conversations. But now it's all like "RT @stupidcelebrity ..." or "I'm now mayor of the lamppost on 45th street" or "Look at my faux vintage photo of my cat on instagram..."

There are still a few people on Twitter who haven't whored out their timeline that so I might just have to whittle down my follower list from the close to 300 people it's at now to about 20 or so.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
One of my mates (yes I do have them) has been nagging me to go on twitter, but I only see myself having about 2 followers if I bloody join.

Then again, I don't really care about silly virtual numbers *ahem*repwhore*ahem*.
(September 25, 2012 at 2:49 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: I've been on Twitter since 2007. I stopped using it in the past few months because of all the stupid retweets and links people send out. That's like 99 percent of what gets sent out now.

It was really fun when people would use Twitter to make clever jokes, interesting observations, or join in on conversations. But now it's all like "RT @stupidcelebrity ..." or "I'm now mayor of the lamppost on 45th street" or "Look at my faux vintage photo of my cat on instagram..."

There are still a few people on Twitter who haven't whored out their timeline that so I might just have to whittle down my follower list from the close to 300 people it's at now to about 20 or so.

Not to contradict you but;

"BillyJamesHall@RaphielDrake your mums vagina is so hairy you got carpet burns when she gave birth. Genuinely it looks like a stab wound on a gorillas back

RaphielDrake@BillyJamesHall And thats the story behind why you're on a sex offenders register and not allowed back at Colchester zoo."

Yeah, now thats a comeback motherfuckers.

(September 25, 2012 at 3:21 pm)Napoléon Wrote: One of my mates (yes I do have them) has been nagging me to go on twitter, but I only see myself having about 2 followers if I bloody join.

Then again, I don't really care about silly virtual numbers *ahem*repwhore*ahem*.

I'd follow you. I mean I assume you'd be ripping people to shreds on a regular basis so at the very least it would be entertaining.
- Abdul Alhazred.
I don't have a twitter. I used to have one for no better reason than to follow my favorite WWE Superstars. I deleted it for a reason I no longer recall.

(September 25, 2012 at 4:01 pm)aleialoura Wrote: I don't have a twitter. I used to have one for no better reason than to follow my favorite WWE Superstars. I deleted it for a reason I no longer recall.

Stone Cold Steve Austin remembers Aleia.
Stone Cold Steve Austin remembers turning around to find you inside his house and wearing his clothes silently watching him.
Stone Cold Steve Austin remembers the restraining order he was forced to file for and the judges decision to make you delete your account.
Stone Cold Steve Austin will always remember... and he will never be the same.
- Abdul Alhazred.
I'd use twitter to try and drum up some business, but I don't exactly know how to get followers. Preferably followers who are willing to pay.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(September 25, 2012 at 5:15 pm)TaraJo Wrote: I'd use twitter to try and drum up some business, but I don't exactly know how to get followers. Preferably followers who are willing to pay.

That'd probably be considered spamming. :/
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boobie McBodacioustatas on X (formerly twitter)? no one 7 531 December 3, 2023 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What the fuck even is my life Ahriman 30 1371 August 27, 2023 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2242 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  When The Ever-Loving Fuck Did THIS Become Acceptable?? BrianSoddingBoru4 40 4559 July 17, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Shit Piss Fuck Cunt Cocksucker Motherfucker and Tits Fireball 12 1892 March 17, 2018 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Should I fuck off to bed. Succubus 11 1356 January 27, 2018 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: John V
  People you would fuck? NuclearEnergy 93 26407 June 27, 2017 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Where the fuck are these people? paulpablo 51 11695 February 22, 2017 at 4:35 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  Are you a worrier or a don't give a fuck type person. paulpablo 23 5194 February 22, 2017 at 4:03 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Bwahaha! Fuck Off Fuckers.. Minimalist 19 2144 January 20, 2017 at 1:18 am
Last Post: energizer bunny