Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I ride around, no gimmicks.
I ride around, no gimmicks.
I'm not one for snazzy introductions, and hopefully that isn't how y'all accept me into your tribe. But, let's just establish that I'm an Atheist (go figure), I'm 16, and I'm a strong advocate against Mitt Romney's idea of turning off PBS.

I've been an Atheist since I was about 7, or something like that. I never really believed in a God, of any sort.

I've been accused of supporting the Nazi's in public school due to me being Atheist, mainly by a bigoted teacher.

I support the legalization of Marijuana, from the information that has been presented to me, but I'm always open to see any evidence to re-position my stance on it, and for the sake of my mother, that would make her day. But she would also like me to worship her God, but that's never going to happen.

Finally, I ride around...no gimmicks.

#ShowinOut
RE: I ride around, no gimmicks.
Welcome Hello.

(October 5, 2012 at 1:03 am)Disbelief Wrote: I've been accused of supporting the Nazi's in public school due to me being Atheist, mainly by a bigoted teacher.

There's this misconception out there that Hitler and the Nazis were atheists, but Hitler actually talks about 'doing the lord's work' in some of his speeches. Now why would an atheist do that...Wink
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(October 5, 2012 at 1:09 am)Darkstar Wrote: Welcome Hello.

(October 5, 2012 at 1:03 am)Disbelief Wrote: I've been accused of supporting the Nazi's in public school due to me being Atheist, mainly by a bigoted teacher.

There's this misconception out there that Hitler and the Nazis were atheists, but Hitler actually talks about 'doing the lord's work' in some of his speeches. Now why would an atheist do that...Wink

Well, I'm sure the moment he said that he was doing the "lord's" work, he established that it was partly a religious movement. I've never heard of anyone that killed in the name of Atheism...
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^

(October 5, 2012 at 1:03 am)Disbelief Wrote: #ShowinOut

This is not Twitter, you know.. Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

welcome

Quote:I've been accused of supporting the Nazi's in public school due to me being Atheist, mainly by a bigoted teacher.

greetings from a german, fashist movements came to be in catholic germany - mainly bavaria. fashism also found it`s strongest supporters outside of germany within catholic europe; croatia and hungary are especialy grusome examples.
Tell your teacher he shouldn`t lie about germans when you can ask a german!

I would find that a sackable offence in any school I've been to.

Quote:Finally, I ride around...no gimmicks.

#ShowinOut

Is this meant to be ironic?

Welcome anyways.
Welcome, good bit of straight forward speaking there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWGNA3u4-Sg

I was going to welcome you to the forum, but my 6' tall invisible bunny named Harvey says not to.

Oh, and I don't like you. (Harvey said to pass that along as well.)

Sorry.

"Harvey's rules."

(Btw, Hitler was making religious references in Mein Kampf, long before there was a Nazism in which to be atheistic.)

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Greetings!
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello! I'm new around here... Jefe17 16 2668 June 21, 2017 at 6:01 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Where does a snarky Valkyrie get a drink around this joint? Astreja 20 2580 December 4, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Creationism and Genetic Entropy (Any geneticists around?) OfficerVajardian 2 995 August 13, 2014 at 8:04 am
Last Post: OfficerVajardian
  hello atheists from around the earth ! Memz 23 6964 April 24, 2012 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Memz
  New around here AtheistBassist 2 2108 October 3, 2008 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: Tiberius