Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where does a snarky Valkyrie get a drink around this joint?
Where does a snarky Valkyrie get a drink around this joint?
*wave wave wave* Hi!  I wandered over here from The Thinking Atheist forum after Jesster popped in over there.

A little background:
  • Canadian by birth, of Scandinavian and Scots ancestry.
  • I'm a bit of a language geek:  English/French/Esperanto trilingual, currently studying Icelandic, previously studied Gaeilge and Mandarin, and picked up bits and pieces of 20 other languages somewhere along the way.  Not averse to using Google Translate to explore new frontiers, either.
  • I work as a medical transcriptionist in a hospital, but also spent nearly a decade in IT.
  • National Novel Writing Month alumna, with 6 "wins" but no published novels -- yet.  I write primarily urban fantasy humour mash-ups with a recurring slate of characters.
  • Somewhat reformed crazy cat lady, with only one resident feline in the house at this time, down from a high of nine.
  • I do a bit of brewing now and then, and have a lovely recipe for mead.
  • When I'm not causing trouble on the Internet I'm causing trouble in community concert bands -- I play regular clarinet, alto clarinet, alto sax, flute and piano (and previously also played guitar, violin, and taiko drums before deciding to specialize in woodwinds and actually get good at it).
...Oh, and I also play a goddess on the Internet, although I remain agnostic in regard to My own divinity.

Pleased to meet you all!

Astreja K. Odinsdóttir, the Springy Goddess (but you can call Me "Springy G").
RE: Where does a snarky Valkyrie get a drink around this joint?
Greetings from Scotland.
Uh-oh, another snarky Valkyrie? Boy, are we in for it ...

And heyas, welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the board Astreja, if your a fan of Anime I've been trying to get a club started, your more then welcome to join.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

Welcome to AF. Not sure where Valkyrie gets her drinks but you can ask her in November I think
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Welcome. I thought Valk changed her moniker and decided to tell us about it (and didn't go to South Sudan like she said she would). 

Anyhow, you sound interesting.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(October 7, 2016 at 10:33 pm)Astreja Wrote: Astreja K. Odinsdóttir, the Springy Goddess (but you can call Me "Springy G").

Very pleased to meet you.  Could I possibly call you "G Spring"?   Rolleyes
(October 8, 2016 at 12:49 am)Whateverist Wrote: Very pleased to meet you.  Could I possibly call you "G Spring"?   Rolleyes

Well, I suppose -- But if your auto-correct changes it to "G Spot" I may have to have Words with you.   Wink

(October 8, 2016 at 12:20 am)Sterben Wrote: Welcome to the board Astreja, if your a fan of Anime I've been trying to get a club started, your more then welcome to join.

I have watched a bit of anime in the past, but nowadays I get restless just sitting down to watch things.  I may drop in if the discussions turn to My Neighbor Totoro, because I love that one.
Welcome aboard, Astreja.
We already have a Valkyrie, who works at a hospital...but in New Zealand...
I wonder how you two will interact... Wink
Welcome to our woods in the neck! Something like that! Hope you enjoy it here Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello! I'm new around here... Jefe17 16 2665 June 21, 2017 at 6:01 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Creationism and Genetic Entropy (Any geneticists around?) OfficerVajardian 2 994 August 13, 2014 at 8:04 am
Last Post: OfficerVajardian
  I ride around, no gimmicks. Disbelief 13 5185 October 5, 2012 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Disbelief
  hello atheists from around the earth ! Memz 23 6958 April 24, 2012 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Memz
  New around here AtheistBassist 2 2104 October 3, 2008 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: Tiberius