Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creationism and Genetic Entropy (Any geneticists around?)
Creationism and Genetic Entropy (Any geneticists around?)
I have been prodding around on Creationist Websites for fun and I came upon this:

http://blog.drwile.com/?p=10038

In this he claims that Genetic Entropy now has evidence is it's favor.

He cites this paper published in Theoretical Biology and Medical Modelling:

http://www.tbiomed.com/content/pdf/1742-4682-9-42.pdf

To which the paper claims to have found Mutation Accumulation in the genome of the H1N1 virus from the 1918 flu, which seems to be in favor of Genetic Entropy.

Does anybody have some thoughts on this?

P.S. Is it just me or does it sound like Genetic Entropy is a reformed term for Muller's Ratchet?

P.S.S. I'm not actually a geneticist or biologist, but I understand some stuff like Transcription, Translation, DNA, etc. So it would be great if somebody could explain this, but still have the detail in it.

Thanks! Big Grin

oops posted it the wrong place
gonna move quickly ctrl-c and ctrl-v

Could a moderator quickly move this? Thanks!
[Image: American+Pi_1f9cca_4991546.png]
RE: Creationism and Genetic Entropy (Any geneticists around?)
My knowledge of genetics is not very deep except for the basics, but I don't have to be a genius to point out the stupidity and delusion of creationism

By the way, Welcome buddy, you seem like a cool guy

Edit - Maybe saying something about you, your gender, what to you do for a living, just a little bio would be great. And tell us if you are an agnostic atheist or strong atheist, anti-theist, etc.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: Creationism and Genetic Entropy (Any geneticists around?)
(August 13, 2014 at 8:03 am)Blackout Wrote: My knowledge of genetics is not very deep except for the basics, but I don't have to be a genius to point out the stupidity and delusion of creationism

By the way, Welcome buddy, you seem like a cool guy

Thanks! Big Grin
[Image: American+Pi_1f9cca_4991546.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello! I'm new around here... Jefe17 16 2664 June 21, 2017 at 6:01 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Where does a snarky Valkyrie get a drink around this joint? Astreja 20 2574 December 4, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  I ride around, no gimmicks. Disbelief 13 5184 October 5, 2012 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Disbelief
  hello atheists from around the earth ! Memz 23 6958 April 24, 2012 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Memz
  New around here AtheistBassist 2 2104 October 3, 2008 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: Tiberius