Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 9:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Rate the above person's music'
'Rate the above person's music'
I did one of these on AF.com and it's pretty popular. I'm sure you guys will like it, too.

The original poster (myself) will post music. The next person to post will listen to and rate the above person's music, then post music of his/her own. The cycle repeats.

Obviously, not everyone likes the same kinds of music - this is why these rules are set in place. It doesn't matter if you don't like someone's music; if you plan on posting music of your taste and you expect someone - who very well may not like it - to listen to its entirety, you need to show that same respect that you expect from others.

1. Listen to the entire piece of music you rate, otherwise you don't have the right to rate.
2. If the music is longer than 10 minutes, you are exempt from rule 1.
3. If the last person to post didn't post music, you go back to the last post to post music and rate theirs; you don't just post your own music and say "No music to rate." There IS music to rate - look harder, buddy.
4. If the last person to post music didn't rate music, himself; you rate the music he failed to rate, not his.
5. If the music isn't available to you, go to Youtube and look for a different video for the same music.
6. If someone didn't obey rule 1 or 5, treat their music as if they broke rule 4.
7. Post only one piece of music.

Also, try to use Youtube as the source for the music you post. Youtube is easy and trusted.

Here is the music I will be posting:

(I'll be posting a lot of music from anime sound-track in the future.)
RE: 'Rate the above person's music'
I rate it 4 out of 10. It's got too many styles mashed into it, none done well, and sounds like the soundtrack for an inexpensive video game. Also, the name "Lunatica" sounds like a sleeping pill/breath mint. Other than that it's great.

Here's my entry

[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
10/10 but I am biased because that's a J. C. I really could worship and I love almost anything I hear of his.

My entry: Grass, Aphex Twin, Selected Ambient Works, Vol. 2

Oh, shit. You get a 10/10 for simply picking any track from that album. If you had picked one of my favorites, I would have had to give you an 11.

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
4/10.

But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
6/10

Shit. The first Lunatica song got a poor rating. Gotta' get a good rating on Lunatica before I can make the transition to the real good stuff =O

Hmm, probably a 5/10. I can see the appeal, but I just found it insanely average.

If anyone's mind is not blown at 1:44 then I have no faith in humanity... it gets me every single time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihWhTvHVL...re=related
Cunt
Mention of Led Zeppelin invariably makes me think of this

[Image: oh_the_humanity.jpg]

But 9/10, from a fan.

Try this......

[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
7/10
You get an extra point just for picking a TISM song - although "greg the stop sign" would have got you 2 extra points.

I lived in Coogee for a time and looked out at the island for which this song is named. I was also a pretty big Midnight Oil fan. This song just says summer to me.

Midnight Oil; wedding cake island
6/10. I'm not a big fan of the genre, though it reminds me too of summer. It's more of a middle age + kind of summer, with dances for 'old' people at the pier Tongue

This is what happens when brilliant musicians get togheter and make an equally brilliant album in nine days:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6t_2QmRlAw
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for country music singers similar to Alan Jackson rado84 5 607 July 31, 2023 at 10:27 am
Last Post: rado84
  Christian music you actually like? JairCrawford 31 2653 June 17, 2022 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  New Ahem Music Istvan 1 402 March 20, 2022 at 3:39 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New music, Old music Ahriman 79 6182 November 5, 2021 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Listening to music popeyespappy 35 3360 September 27, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Music Composition FlatAssembler 1 245 May 22, 2020 at 3:08 pm
  Carrie fans and country music. Brian37 13 1126 May 16, 2020 at 8:54 pm
  My new favorite song of all time excluding classical music Alex K 1 576 January 26, 2020 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Never a flash in the pan. MUSIC. Brian37 19 1581 December 7, 2019 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: no one
  Music videos that rep the POTUS'S idiocy. Brian37 9 1662 October 22, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah