Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today I ate meat enough to fill me for a year
Today I ate meat enough to fill me for a year
As you probably know it, today is the first day of the feast of sacrifice, Ayt-ul Kurban, or Kurban Bayramı, or Ayt-ul Adha, so me and a couple of friends, by couple, I mean 14, scrapped some money together, and bought a sheep. It was quite large, actually. We slaughtered it just today. Besides us, three more people ate from the kebabs we had today.
I wish we had made some rice, but the sheer lot of the meat made it unnecessary.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
RE: Today I ate meat enough to fill me for a year
Poor sheep...
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 25, 2012 at 10:58 am)Faith No More Wrote: Poor sheep...

He didn't seem so undernourished to me.
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Well, he'll never need food again.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 25, 2012 at 11:04 am)Faith No More Wrote: Well, he'll never need food again.

He now is a part of us.
WTF, did you eat its soul?
(October 25, 2012 at 11:22 am)Faith No More Wrote: WTF, did you eat it's soul?

If I could, I would!
[Image: Fotoraf0103.jpg]
[Image: Fotoraf0107.jpg]
[Image: Fotoraf0108.jpg]
That's all that's left of him thoughBig Grin
There are also large quantities of uncooked meat and innards, which we will donate to the poor.
That would have been so tasty. I love meat!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(October 25, 2012 at 11:32 am)FallentoReason Wrote: That would have been so tasty. I love meat!

If you knew what we went through to get to the cooking part..
Damn.
It's good to be well-fed. I should know.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3668 198312 Yesterday at 12:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 69 933 April 20, 2024 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
Star HAPPY NEW YEAR Nay_Sayer 14 965 January 1, 2024 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1084 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2274 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Restaurant to eat free for a year Fake Messiah 6 623 January 17, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 683 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  The best thing about ____________ ( fill in blank) onlinebiker 3 309 March 13, 2022 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Happy New Year!! Jehanne 16 747 January 1, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2177 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger