Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frankstorm sent to destory "Blue States".... because God loves "Red States"
As a meteorologist who is genuinely worried about friends, family and the general public on the east coast as Hurricane Sandy makes it's way north I worry how some of the extreme xtians will twist things.

In May, Pat Robertson said that tornadoes could have been stopped if people prayed more! "If enough people were praying [God] would’ve intervened, you could pray, Jesus stilled the storm, you can still storms,” Robertson said on the show. (on the 700 Club)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/05...21686.html

I'm just waiting for someone to address the fact that mostly "Blue" Obama supporting states are in the danger zone of Sandy. This close to the election, I can imagine someone coming up with a story suggesting it's "Gods will" to eliminate or prevent these people from voting.

Of course, I'm just speculating... but somehow I can see these types of comments being made.
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence" ~Doug McLeod
RE: Frankstorm sent to destory "Blue States".... because God loves "Red States"
Quote: Pat Robertson said that tornadoes could have been stopped if people prayed more!

That dickhead also told the people of Dover Pennsylvania that if a tornado hit their town they should understand it was because they kicked 'god' out of their schools. Of course the next tornado to hit anywhere hit kansas...the gold buckle of the bible belt... and not a word from the supreme shithead for jesus.
But god promised he wouldn't destroy the world again by flood Undecided
Brescia, is a town in Italy, which was under the rule of the Republic of Venece, in the early 18th century. It was a close ally of the Vatican state and very catholic.
When it was found out that lightning was the result of electric discharges and lightning rods were developed - the catholic church and it`s loyal allies neglegted that knowlege as "a satanic way of preventing gods will" and forbid the instalment of lightning rods.
As it happens, these were turbulent times in Italy (revolutionary Ideas for a united Italian Republic came to Italy over France) and gunpowder was stocked in churches.
It so happend that lightning struck the church tower of the castle in Brescia, blew up the gunpowder and killed 3000 people.
The catholic church then thought it`s views on lightning and lightningrods over.

Religious institutions never learn through knowlege, only through the hard way.
It will take that Pat Robertson guy to be blown skyhigh to notice that a tornado isn`t of "devine" origin.

source on Brescia: http://www.meteohistory.org/2004polling_...stract.pdf
(October 26, 2012 at 7:02 pm)tangobunny Wrote: In May, Pat Robertson said that tornadoes could have been stopped if people prayed more! "If enough people were praying [God] would’ve intervened, you could pray, Jesus stilled the storm, you can still storms,” Robertson said on the show. (on the 700 Club)

But not hurricanes?

I know this video has been posted on the forum somewhere before, but I thought it would be appropriate here. Apparently even omnipotence can't stop a hurrican if it didn't create it. So that brings up the obvious question: why pray if you admit it will not work? And if you are praying for personal protection only, then why prepare? Is it another one of those 'don't tempt god' things? Yeah, if you take all precautions and pray, you are fine. If you don't but still pray and get hurt, god was teaching you a lesson for relying on prayer? Wow...
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(October 26, 2012 at 7:16 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote: Pat Robertson said that tornadoes could have been stopped if people prayed more!

That dickhead also told the people of Dover Pennsylvania that if a tornado hit their town they should understand it was because they kicked 'god' out of their schools. Of course the next tornado to hit anywhere hit kansas...the gold buckle of the bible belt... and not a word from the supreme shithead for jesus.

I keep being told god has a sense of irony in situations like this.

I think god just doesn't know where the fuck to focus his humor or his anger. You can't even say god has a sense of irony cuz if god has a sense of irony he'd send a tornado to rip apart good ol' Pat "Gimme All Your Money For Jesus" Robertson's paid-for-by-gullible-idiots manor.
God has bad aim if he is sending this to punish us for wickedness
(November 1, 2012 at 3:32 am)Utracia Wrote: God has bad aim if he is sending this to punish us for wickedness

Doesn't he always? Why doesn't he ever just rain deathbeams from heaven that only target those he is after, and rather just send a general cataclysm?
(Hint: it might suggest he existed)
And we can't have that. No, God has to keep hiding from its creations and remain indistinguishable from purely and predictable natural events, even though following its silent commands is (allegedly) the whole purpose for our existence.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
This thread has it all wrong. God is pissed at all of America for what we have done to Israel.

Some Lunatic Wrote:Hurricane Sandy is hitting 21 years to the day of the Perfect Storm of October 30, 1991. I write about this in my book as America Has Done to Israel. This was the day that President George Bush Sr. initiated the Madrid Peace Process to divide the land of Israel, including Jerusalem. America has been under God’s judgment since this event. Both of these hurricanes were cause by freakish weather patterns that came together to create

Twenty-one years breaks down to 7 x 3, which is a significant number with God. Three is perfection as the Godhead is three in one while seven is perfection.

It appears that God gave America 21 years to repent of interfering with His prophetic plan for Israel; however, it has gotten worse under all the presidents and especially Obama. Obama is 100 percent behind the Muslim Brotherhood which has vowed to destroy Israel and take Jerusalem. Both candidates are pro-homosexual and are behind the homosexual agenda. America is under political judgment and the church does not know it!

Oh, and the gays are behind it, too.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the Universe Collapses Because of a False Vacuum, Won't There Just be Another Big Rhondazvous 11 2482 November 8, 2017 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Red Dwarf, Binary Systems ezekiel 24 3319 September 5, 2014 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  NASA Hubble Finds a True Blue Planet pocaracas 2 1997 July 13, 2013 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Red Dreams little_monkey 16 2477 June 14, 2013 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Rahul