Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Men and Women Can't Be "Just Friends"
From Scientific American, an answer to a question from the ages

"The results suggest large gender differences in how men and women experience opposite-sex friendships. Men were much more attracted to their female friends than vice versa. Men were also more likely than women to think that their opposite-sex friends were attracted to them—a clearly misguided belief. In fact, men’s estimates of how attractive they were to their female friends had virtually nothing to do with how these women actually felt, and almost everything to do with how the men themselves felt—basically, males assumed that any romantic attraction they experienced was mutual, and were blind to the actual level of romantic interest felt by their female friends. Women, too, were blind to the mindset of their opposite-sex friends; because females generally were not attracted to their male friends, they assumed that this lack of attraction was mutual. As a result, men consistently overestimated the level of attraction felt by their female friends and women consistently underestimated the level of attraction felt by their male friends."

http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...st-friends
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
RE: Men and Women Can't Be "Just Friends"
So this is why men always complain about the imaginary 'friend-zone.'
I roared with laughter on reading what you had written, because the thought occurred to me the word male could be replaced by America or American dream, and female by other countries.

Anyway a doubt the sample was made in France
How to enter the friend zone.
Well, that does it. If we can't just be friends, we might as well just have sex and get it over with.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Umm, the girls don't wanna...
Aww, why must everything be so complicated?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(October 28, 2012 at 9:58 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Aww, why must everything be so complicated?

I cannot help but read your posts in Patrick Stewart's voice.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Its as though we know what he is thinking

Lol, Troi is empathic not telepathic. She senses feelings not thoughts.
My ignore list

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Differences between women and men. Little lunch 49 4612 August 11, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  "Men's rights activists are pig misogynists,men don't have issues!" ErGingerbreadMandude 214 20333 May 10, 2016 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Why are there significantly less women in S.T.E.M fields, what we can do to help ErGingerbreadMandude 32 4767 December 31, 2015 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  We can dare to dream of the stars again, if only we can achieve this small thing. Annik 49 18022 May 17, 2012 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Angrboda