Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Louisiana Republican shocked that she voted to help fund Muslim schools.
Louisiana Republican shocked that she voted to help fund Muslim schools.
Louisiana Republican: When I Voted for State Funds to go to Religious Schools, I Didn’t Mean Muslim Ones.

One of the state legislators, Rep. Valarie Hodges (R-Watson), just made a shocking discovery; Christianity isn’t the only religion!

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...witterfeed
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Louisiana Republican shocked that she voted to help fund Muslim schools.
The stupidity of xtian fundies never ceases to amaze. What a dumb cunt.
Why the hell is state money being used to fund religious schools?
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
Because dumb fucks like her...and their idiot governor.... think they are helping fucking jesus.
Keep in mind that Louisiana is the same state that funnels public education tax funds to support use of the Accelerated Christian Educaction program in Christian schools. This is the program that uses the Loch Ness Monster to refute evolution (discussed elsewhere on AF).
So what point does the constitution serve these days? Republicans and Democrats ignore it on the Federal level, and the Republicans at the state level. Seems like a pointless relic now. My how your country's lost it's way. (genuine sadness, I like the idea)
Just another reason I wish stupid was more painful. How you can get elected to a state Legislature without the first fucking clue how the government works is totally beyond me.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(July 5, 2012 at 6:14 pm)Jaysyn Wrote: Just another reason I wish stupid was more painful. How you can get elected to a state Legislature without the first fucking clue how the government works is totally beyond me.

Ignorant electorate. I am in favor of a very basic test administered to gain a license to vote. I don't think it is too much to ask knowing that most states have licensing requirements for cutting hair and professionally providing opinion regarding which color pillow will match the drapes.
Ah, tests that screen out the poor and ignorant, instead of mandating the education they need to pass said tests.

Very constructive!
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(July 5, 2012 at 6:00 pm)cato123 Wrote: Keep in mind that Louisiana is the same state that funnels public education tax funds to support use of the Accelerated Christian Educaction program in Christian schools. This is the program that uses the Loch Ness Monster to refute evolution (discussed elsewhere on AF).

Do you know where the Accelerated christian Education program was discussed on AF? I'd like to read it.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1560 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 339 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 751 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 282 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1150 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I voted today. Brian37 17 1009 October 25, 2020 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  If your senator is Republican... Gawdzilla Sama 5 591 October 5, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I love AOC! She nails it on the head! Secular Elf 11 1029 March 4, 2020 at 2:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Apparently 600 million people voted for Trump.. A Godzilla fan 6 935 October 5, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1069 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris