Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you associate numbers with colors?
Do you associate numbers with colors?
I've always had distinct associations in my mind between colors and numbers:

1 is light grey
2 is fire engine red
3 is light yellow
4 is blue
5 is somewhere between pink and orange
6 is dark green
7 is pinkish purple
8 is dark purple but sometimes black
9 is gold (probably because I grew up watching DS9 which had a lot of goldish colors)
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: Do you associate numbers with colors?
I don't associate numbers with colours. But I do, to a degree, associate numbers with personalities.

And I associate music with colours, although I don't literally see colours when I hear music.
?????
(November 4, 2012 at 10:16 am)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: ?????

This is you in every thread

[Image: xd8BY.gif]
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
I've never done this before... I might be like DvF, which certain pitches seem to evoke certain colors.

EDIT: I'm curious to see if anyone has/will study something like this.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(November 4, 2012 at 10:36 am)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: This is you in every thread

[Image: xd8BY.gif]

was the cat`s beard resemblence of a historical figure on purpose?

[Image: bismarck.jpg]

Ok I heared that Mc Donalds uses the colors red in it`s interiour on purpose because in combination with other colors and used for certain ereas people cant stand that color and will leave the resteraunt shortly after purchesing food, making a quick flux of customers possible.

I know that green has a calming effect on people, which is why I always paint my bedroom and livingroom walls in green.

And I know that I`m red-green blind, which is why I always assoziate people who post in red-green or who wear red-green combined clothes as subhuman morons.

But numbers!?!?!?!?
Actually, red and yellow are well known colors that evoke hunger (look at every restaurant in the states, practically). Red Robin, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Wendy's, TGI Fridays are just some off the top of my head that use at least read, and most also yellow. Lots of sit down restaurants use red, especially, interior decor (red brick walls, red velvet carpeting, etc).

On topic, associating one sense with another is called Synesthesia. Teaearlgreyhot, the kind you experience (colors with numbers), is the most common form of it, too. Overall, it's a LOT more common than you might think.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Yes:

Black: #000000
White: #FFFFFF

All the other colours lie in-between. Big Grin

Oh, and if you think 'F' isn't a numerical digit: learn hexadecimal, bitch.
(November 4, 2012 at 1:56 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: was the cat`s beard resemblence of a historical figure on purpose?

[Image: bismarck.jpg]

I thought the cat looked more like Dominar Rygel XVI
My ignore list

(November 4, 2012 at 4:55 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Yes:

Black: #000000
White: #FFFFFF

All the other colours lie in-between. Big Grin

Oh, and if you think 'F' isn't a digit: learn hexadecimal, bitch.

This is clever in more ways than one.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boru changed colors on us! arewethereyet 28 1539 November 1, 2020 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  As a man of pastels and neon colors. Brian37 22 2323 July 15, 2019 at 11:31 am
Last Post: brewer
  Are numbers Real #2 ignoramus 19 1471 October 17, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Fireball
Rainbow Flamboyance in rainbow colors for a party-HALP J a c k 23 2109 August 19, 2017 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Athene
  I hate odd numbers Ben Davis 40 3607 July 4, 2016 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet