Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey
Hey
Hey guys,

Just joined here. This is actually my second atheist forum, the first time I didn't introduce myself and jumped right in (introducing myself felt a bit like saying "look at me, look at me!"Wink), but this time I figured, why not.

So here goes - name's Vera (actually means Faith, how's that for irony). Was a self-taught religionist for quite a while, none of the crazy stuff like angels and demons (or hell), but mostly because I thought Xianity was all about compassion. Boy was I wrong...

Started losing my faith gradually and it was a depressing process (it did help that I had the worst bout while in Sweden... in the winter...), I would actually pray for not losing my faith. It took a while, but when I finally lost the shackles of religion, I can say honestly I've never felt freer or more at peace in my life.

Well, I think that's more than enough babbling about myself, I guess more of my dirty laundry (figuratively!!!) will start popping up in due time Wink

(Oh, and hiya to the guys I know from the other placeWink)
But the eternal dilemma - how can we be happy amid the unhappiness of others?
RE: Hey
Welcome
G'day. Big Grin
Cunt
Well hello there.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Thanks guys,
I guess now I can go on and have a looksy around, see what's lurking in your cupboards, closets and cabinets Wink

Oh, and frankie - Nick Cave, am I right? (hm, just realised that the main character in the book I'm translating at the moment is called frankie... I don't want to have this association stuck to your name in my head ... expunge, expunge...)
Hi! I'm Ben, short for Benedict which means 'the blessed one'. Terry Pratchett would say that it's not irony but almost inevitability!
Sum ergo sum
Welcome aboard, steer clear of the crazies.
Welcome!
(November 23, 2012 at 6:42 am)Ben Davis Wrote: Hi! I'm Ben, short for Benedict which means 'the blessed one'. Terry Pratchett would say that it's not irony but almost inevitability!
You know what the really sad part was? I actually thought it was appropriate Facepalm

(November 23, 2012 at 7:21 am)Napoléon Wrote: Welcome aboard, steer clear of the crazies.
Care to point them out to me when they're not looking? Whisper

Thanks, festive1!
(November 23, 2012 at 7:43 am)Vera Wrote: Care to point them out to me when they're not looking? Whisper

Oh you'll know them when you see them. The turd they leave around is unmistakeable.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3042 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey :) Kate12345 10 1805 October 19, 2022 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Hey everyone Ryn 3 605 July 4, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hey up, you lot. RozzerusUnrelentus 21 2285 January 4, 2021 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hey Bulxy88 13 2017 July 2, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Bulxy88