Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone! *waves*
Hello everyone! *waves*
I just joined today so hello everybody!

I'm a 29yr old stay-at-home mother to two small boys, living in the UK. I'm also studying for an undergrad degree in History. I was raised a Roman Catholic but have very recently rejected religion in favour of an atheist viewpoint, after a lifetime of feeling deeply uncomfortable with what religion taught me.

My husband is atheist but my family are all Roman Catholic and would be horrified if they knew so I have to keep quiet about it. I'm hoping this forum will be a good avenue to be able to discuss this part of my life now Smile
RE: Hello everyone! *waves*
Welcome, and don't forget to clear your browser history.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Welcome aboard.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Hi squitten! Good to see another fellow Angel-Islander. Soon the internet will be ours...
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Greetings!
Howdy! I am also a SAHM with 2 boys, a degree in history, and my family is Catholic... It's like meeting my British self, awesomesauce!
Welcome
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Are you sure you are just waving?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBc02FPSvXc
Welcome join the picnic.
Welcome.
Greetings.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Hello, everyone Rolls 21 1405 June 27, 2020 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello Everyone! Chicken 33 2173 December 25, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello Everyone :) , { Just an ape trying to socialize } Enlightened Ape 31 5643 April 24, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
Wink Hello Everyone! rskovride 15 1889 February 21, 2018 at 5:45 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Everyone Shai Hulud 32 7829 May 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Shai Hulud
  Hello Everyone! Driggs 22 2616 April 12, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: c172
  Hello everyone account_inactive 25 3836 April 12, 2017 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello Everyone! Flavius 9 1231 March 30, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello everyone Yoo 11 2382 August 29, 2016 at 12:11 pm