Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snowflakes are Awesome!
Snowflakes are Awesome!
These pics are the coolest snowflake pics that I've ever seen so far. And not just "cool" in that particular meaning, but also literally cool! ... Hehe.

You can see a few more at the link below (under the pictures).

[Image: enhanced-buzz-10400-1354289070-2.jpg]

[Image: enhanced-buzz-11331-1354289107-6.jpg]

[Image: enhanced-buzz-10411-1354289157-2.jpg]

[Image: enhanced-buzz-21410-1354289652-5.jpg]

[Image: enhanced-buzz-11335-1354289148-4.jpg]

http://thecuriousbrain.com/?p=35035
RE: Snowflakes are Awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhVVHlcVj5k
It's a wonder things can exist in such a form naturally.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(December 7, 2012 at 2:03 am)JohnDG Wrote: It's a wonder things can exist in such a form naturally.

Actually, it isn't. Many elements, ions and molecules are prone to forming crystals, because it's such an easy way to align. But I do concur that crystals can look pretty fantastic. Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(December 7, 2012 at 2:03 am)JohnDG Wrote: It's a wonder things can exist in such a form naturally.

They are wondrous - though the mechanisms by which crystals form is well-understood.

Knowing that doesn't make them any less beautiful, of course.
(December 7, 2012 at 2:15 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:

They are wondrous - though the mechanisms by which crystals form is well-understood.

Knowing that doesn't make them any less beautiful, of course.

They could also just not exist, which is also a marvel because all that exist would not for those well understood mechanics. I have taken high school science also, not like I said it was proof of god although bill orielly might make such a statement.

Atheism can be limiting, for some.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
You are all talking as if these things coming from simple origins somehow reduced them, surely its the other way around. I marvel that such things that have such infinite diversity could be produced by such simple rules, a god that has fore knowledge and the ability to craft things would reduce their beauty.
(December 7, 2012 at 7:45 am)jonb Wrote: I marvel that such things that have such infinite diversity could be produced by such simple rules

When I think of the molecular plane, I think of it in terms of Lego bricks. On their own it's just a piece of plastic, but the abundance of things that can be made from it is marvelous Yet, it's 'just' pieces that fit together. And no, just because I understand the mechanics behind the crystal, I don't appreciate the beauty of it any less Wink
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

You're right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeiMfLmJtzk

Quote:[Image: enhanced-buzz-10400-1354289070-2.jpg]

Ironic isn't it? It's these very images that make me think that Allah and Yahweh don't exist.

After all, why would an angry desert god, so concerned with the most mundane ridiculous human interactions, give a shit about a tiny snowflake. Both gods are just far too petty, narcissistic and vindictive to bother themselves with such a tiny intricate design. "There's humans out there that need punishment for being born!"

Nope, snowflakes don't prove the Bible/Quran. They disprove it. Undecided
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You know what's totally awesome? H-Bombs! (Operation IVY propaganda/info film) Alex K 6 879 March 8, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Awesome Speculation. R-e-n-n-a-t 12 3091 June 25, 2011 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Roadkill1001
  This is awesome to those interested in science. JohnDG 14 3355 May 16, 2011 at 12:10 am
Last Post: corndog36