Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome Speculation.
Awesome Speculation.
Based upon the Big Bang Theory, but altering it, I speculate that zero mass of infinite density is impossible due to a logical fallacy. I think, based on planetary redshifts, that our universe exploded outward from a central point of near zero mass. Perhaps the 'near' aspect would allow our universe to eventually expand, rather than sit inert for endless aeons of zero mass.

If this is the case, I speculate that there logically would need to be a beginning of this particle of near-zero mass in which is compressed all matter in our universe. This beginning could have been the collapse of several suns, compressing a previous universe into a black hole. If this is the case, it indicates an eternal cycle of collapse and reformation of the universe.

How many billions of years have gone by? How many quadrillions? Sextillions? What's the year equivalent of a terabyte? Although this is merely speculation, it would seem plausible that thousands of species, galaxies, and universes have been and gone in the distant past of old space. At the end of one age, the universe may fold in on itself due to massive force and create the seed of the next universe in the form of a black hole which will someday escape it's own gravity.

This may have gone on forever. Once again, only speculation.
RE: Awesome Speculation.
What kind of satanist?
Can you show me the math to support the OP?
Peace...

This sounds like the Big Bang Big Crunch theory...It is a decent theoretical model, however science is still in the dark relating to issues of critical density. In other words it is not conclusive by any stretch that the gravitational force in the Universe will be enough to reverse its expansion.

A Big Bang/ Big Crunch cyclical universe would have other far more interesting implications..If it were true it would answer the question of Why the Bang in the first place..It would however introduce the idea of infinite time and opportunity.

Quote:Although this is merely speculation, it would seem plausible that thousands of species, galaxies, and universes have been and gone in the distant past of old space

It would pretty much demand this..Not only thousands but infinite. It would have to be infinite lest you reintroduce the same problem of how the first singularity arose and disrupted.

Where things get really neat is when we have to then believe that all of us have been here before an infinite amount of times and that every possible scenario has occurred and infinite amount of times..That means that Lord Elron and the battle for Middle earth actually occured and will again..It also means that I used to be Pharoah of Egypt, and one of my wives was a beautiful Abyssinian slave named Khaliqa..

Whirling Moat
(May 12, 2011 at 8:22 am)Whirling Moat Wrote: It also means that I used to be Pharoah of Egypt, and one of my wives was a beautiful Abyssinian slave named Khaliqa..

Whirling Moat

*ONE* of your wives? Tut Tut

How does string theory fit in? I read somewhere that described the universe as mini material universes roughly in the shape of plates.. bumping into one another.. moving apart.. and subsequently coming together within an empty dimension...

SLAVE????? ugh...
moved thread to appropriate forum
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Peace...

Quote:How does string theory fit in? I read somewhere that described the universe as mini material universes roughly in the shape of plates.. bumping into one another.. moving apart.. and subsequently coming together within an empty dimension...

I will have to address this later...

Strange.. for some reason I am in the mood for venom.

Whirling Moat
(May 11, 2011 at 5:55 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: What kind of satanist?

LaVeyan, so I don't believe in any kind of higher inhuman force.
Of course, the infinite time theory only fits with plausible events. Yes, I certainly started the successful chain of stores called All-Mart in the distant past with my girlfriend, Darth Vader. But no, a god didn't ever exist.

Infinite chance doesn't mean that physically impossible events have occured an infinite amount of times, only that physically possible ones have, albeit very unlikely ones.
[/color]Peace...

Quote:Of course, the infinite time theory only fits with plausible events. Yes, I certainly started the successful chain of stores called All-Mart in the distant past with my girlfriend, Darth Vader. But no, a god didn't ever exist.

The whole infinite opportunity thing pretty much says that every "Possible"...In other words if the stars and events perfectly aligned in just the right way for it to happen...Yes every event would unfold in accordance to scientific principles. But that doesn't really limit much.

As it relates to your "All mart" yeah I remember shopping there a zillion years ago..That was one great place..Too Bad it was crushed by that huge meteorite which released the strange mutation gas which turned us all to Smurfs...That was when I was married to my soulmate...Rashida.......The things we used to do..

Whirling Moat
Why not just say you are an atheist and be done with it? I read the entire Satans bible in 1990, and when I finished I thought to myself "why not just claim simple atheism and be done with it...aesthetics aside"

Granted, I have told people that I was a "SubGenius" or a "Discordian" before... to be continued

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You know what's totally awesome? H-Bombs! (Operation IVY propaganda/info film) Alex K 6 860 March 8, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Snowflakes are Awesome! Rayaan 15 4040 December 18, 2012 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: Rayaan
  This is awesome to those interested in science. JohnDG 14 3320 May 16, 2011 at 12:10 am
Last Post: corndog36