Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Born an Atheist
Born an Atheist
Hi. I'm TarShoduze (that's my Internet nickname... Nerdy). My real first name would be Kyle. I registered 3 days ago, and now, I feel like introducing myself. So, here.
As a Roman Catholic, I wasn't given a choice of religion. You see, I was born ONE OF THEM. Then came the years when I was able to decide. First time I learned about God was when I asked my mother, "Why do plants grow?" and she answered me with, "Because God did it." For the record, that was the first time I questioned God--at an innocent age of 5. I was born a Scientific. I wouldn't believe in things I cannot prove. That was why I questioned God.
Years went by, and still coming back without proof, I came to my own conclusion that God didn't exist. I learned about Atheism when I was 11, and considered myself one by that time. I remember fooling around Religion subjects in school, doing the sign of the cross intentionally wrong, reciting the prayers wrong or in a funny way... you know--the things people do when not interested with stuff and being bored. I then openly told my friend that time that I don't believe in God. He reacted like typical Christians--"I'd go to hell!" I also told it to my parents, but my father tried to convince me otherwise, and my mom said, "You wouldn't loose anything from believing, right?" I told my friend that I now believe in God, but I lied. I never did believe.
After 6 years, after being fed up with lying, I decided to let it out TO ANYONE WHO ASK. I also told my dad (not my mom) that I'm Atheist and he can't do anything about it. He accepted me, and even admitted that my revelation last 6 years made him think, and that he's an Agnostic/Atheist now.
I also told my friend, and while he is a devout Christian, he accepted me. (Or is he just forcing or faking it?)
I may never know.
Therefore, Aliens.
RE: Born an Atheist
Howdy... I have always been an atheist. I used to mock my Gran when I was about 5, because she is a creationist. I was a fun child. Tongue
Cunt
Welcome Tar, enjoy the forum.
Yes welcome. Your dad and you seem to have a good relationship and I'm impressed that he would think about his religion and move away from it based on that reflection.

Sounds like this all happened recently. Do you still live at home? If you're as young as I think you are, never let anyone disparage your opinion on that account. All you have or ever will have is your point of view which is based on your ability to make sense of the world. What you think is what you think until you yourself have reason to think otherwise. Anyone who tries to bully you into their way of thinking based on how long they've been on the planet isn't worth listening to.
Welcome from the UK.
Sum ergo sum

Home wrecker. [Image: coffee.gif]

(December 15, 2012 at 9:21 am)whateverist Wrote: All you have or ever will have is your point of view which is based on your ability to make sense of the world.

...and this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all you need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all you need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all you need. You don't need one other thing, not one - except this. The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this. And that's all you need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair....

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Welcome
(December 15, 2012 at 3:11 pm)apophenia Wrote:

...and no matter what happens, you say to yourself, well, at least I've got the ashtray, lamp, paddle game, chair, remote control and matches thing handled.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Welcome to the forums; I hope you'll enjoy your time here.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Hello, my name is Alfred. Glad I found this site. I have questioned everything since age 10-12, something like that. I would like to learn more and to consolidate my atheist views. Thanks for your help.
Now that I don`t believe, I can`t believe that I ever did. -Unknown

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Born A Heathen aerengarth 31 5859 September 2, 2013 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  Born-Again Atheist NoMoreFaith 10 2563 February 15, 2012 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas