Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Jesus hypothetical
A Jesus hypothetical
Quote:Note: This is HYPOTHETICAL by this definition. This is not factual or has any evidence on it, its a 'What if?'. So if I get any person asking for evidence I will hunt them down and slap them, you have been warned. 

A video got me thinking (link below) and I thought up this hypothetical.
Assuming all the following statement was true and 100% proven with empirical evidence:
That Jesus was homosexual/bisexual
Would, Christians, your view on homosexuality change?

I would like to know your thoughts.
Don't say he is not because we don't know that and there no evidence either ay and is a hypothetical.
Also other theists could you tell me also just swap Jesus for your prophet/savior/figurehead e.t.c of your religion.

video that got me thinking
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: A Jesus hypothetical
Let's make it better: what if Jesus was a gay abortion doctor?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(December 15, 2012 at 11:51 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Let's make it better: what if Jesus was a gay abortion doctor?

What if Jesus was a transgendered gay abortion doctoring wizard?
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
http://youtu.be/PybtBKSAtLM
(December 16, 2012 at 12:15 am)Ryantology Wrote: http://youtu.be/PybtBKSAtLM

It'd bring a whole new meaning to "high and mighty."
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(December 15, 2012 at 11:55 pm)Annik Wrote:
(December 15, 2012 at 11:51 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Let's make it better: what if Jesus was a gay abortion doctor?

What if Jesus was a transgendered gay abortion doctoring wizard?

What if Jesus was a transgendered gay abortion doctoring wizard whose robe and wizard hat were made of two different types of fabric?
Nemo me impune lacessit.
The gaylord makes sense to me.
A man named Harry McCall wrote an article entitled Jesus The Homosexual: The Evidence from the Gospels, published on the Debunking Christianity blog that argues that Jesus in the gospels engaged in homoerotic acts.

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.co...ch-of.html

When it comes to the bible, I don't dismiss anything anymore unless I carefully examine arguments for this or that position. Because often I come to accept a position on something or another, which I previously considered lunacy.
undefined

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  just another god hypothetical ... ignoramus 55 8144 July 14, 2021 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Another hypothetical for theists. ignoramus 93 16556 March 24, 2018 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Constructing the image of the hypothetical God Aegon 9 1875 February 5, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: comet
  Jesus is trying to tell me something; what is it Jesus? TruthWorthy 32 13153 February 5, 2010 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Dotard