Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just another god hypothetical ...
just another god hypothetical ...
Theists, let's say an entity came to earth proclaiming to be god.
He tells us that he has taken human form because we like to see and speak with him on a level we can relate to.

He also changes into other forms at will but we prefer the human form ...
He also materialises Jesus next to him, complete with blood and crown of thorns...
(quite a handsome guy, and not very Arab looking ... The theists do not question the almighty)

He makes all these demands of us ...? Or else! What to do? We must comply....
Now, scientific instruments have been monitoring this phenomenon for a little while.
They are detecting an unknown type of energy transmission from "god" and another location in space.

Science has determined that it is more likely that this entity is an alien who has been studying our history and has an as yet unknown agenda.

Theists, will you be sceptical? Will you listen to science? Would you rather be fooled and comply "just in case"????
I'd say that most people aren't stupid, including all theists, and no-one likes to be scammed....I'd say that the vast majority of theists would concede that science is probably right since there is no other explanation for god to need other engery sources transmitting between him and elsewhere .....not the god we know, right?

My question is, if you're happy and relieved that science has helped us get to the truth in this example, why not trust it all the time? Science has not found any signs of any god, ever, and our universe seems to be exactly how one would look and act without divine intervention, so why not put some faith in science? It hasn't let you down yet.....
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: just another god hypothetical ...
Waiting.

In some circles, doesn't the existence of intelligent alien life (or any alien life) disprove the abrahamic god(s)? So then, either this is god or there are no gods?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Ouch!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(March 8, 2017 at 9:10 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Ouch!

Or god was always an alien, it just wrote shitty books.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Technically god must be an alien or else he evolved from microbes here on earth like the rest of us?
Tell us theists, is your god an alien or an earthling? Pick one?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
What would you do? Worship this being?
I would be skeptical, this being does not meet the parameters and requirement of the Second coming of Christ. It would be paradoxical for this alien to produce authentic Jesus as this is in direct viotlation of God's prophetic word. Lucy, you got some 'splaining to do.

I suppose he would be dismissed accordingly. I'm sure he will have plenty of worshippers though, millions prostrate themselves before the alter of science now. By science I mean their subjective faith based on assumptions, conjecture and a lot of mental gymnastics to fit their narrative "anything but God".

Or else what? I'm not exactly quaking in my combat boots here.

Side note, I've read within Christian circles of an alien event for the end times. I actually think this is plausible, I suppose.
Quote:Theists, let's say an entity came to earth proclaiming to be god.

[Image: 1549q1.jpg]

Go on.
(March 8, 2017 at 10:45 pm)PETE_ROSE Wrote: What would you do?  Worship this being?
I would be skeptical, this being does not meet the parameters and requirement of the Second coming of Christ.  It would be paradoxical for this alien to produce authentic Jesus as this is in direct viotlation of God's prophetic word.  Lucy, you got some 'splaining to do.

I suppose he would be dismissed accordingly.  I'm sure he will have plenty of worshippers though, millions prostrate themselves before the alter of science now.  By science I mean their subjective faith based on assumptions, conjecture and a lot of mental gymnastics to fit their narrative "anything but God".

Or else what?  I'm not exactly quaking in my combat boots here.

Side note, I've read within Christian circles of an alien event for the end times.  I actually think this is plausible, I suppose.

Pssh, you lot would be like this in an instant-

Kneel Suckers

(March 8, 2017 at 10:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Theists, let's say an entity came to earth proclaiming to be god.

[Image: 1549q1.jpg]

Go on.

That guy has a "Head Hugger" on him.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(March 8, 2017 at 10:45 pm)PETE_ROSE Wrote: I'm sure he will have plenty of worshippers though, millions prostrate themselves before the alter of science now.  By science I mean their subjective faith based on assumptions, conjecture and a lot of mental gymnastics to fit their narrative "anything but God".

That reminds me, I forgot to say my prayer to Richard Feynman(peace be upon him) today.

(March 8, 2017 at 10:45 pm)PETE_ROSE Wrote: Side note, I've read within Christian circles of an alien event for the end times.  I actually think this is plausible, I suppose.

Lol, rips on other people's thinking skills, says an E.T. anti-Christ is plausible.

We should probably keep a link to this post handy for the next time when Christians complain that we don't take them seriously.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(March 8, 2017 at 10:45 pm)PETE_ROSE Wrote: What would you do?  Worship this being?
I would be skeptical, this being does not meet the parameters and requirement of the Second coming of Christ.  It would be paradoxical for this alien to produce authentic Jesus as this is in direct viotlation of God's prophetic word.  Lucy, you got some 'splaining to do.

I suppose he would be dismissed accordingly.  I'm sure he will have plenty of worshippers though, millions prostrate themselves before the alter of science now.  By science I mean their subjective faith based on assumptions, conjecture and a lot of mental gymnastics to fit their narrative "anything but God".

Or else what?  I'm not exactly quaking in my combat boots here.

Side note, I've read within Christian circles of an alien event for the end times.  I actually think this is plausible, I suppose.

What the hell 'parameters' are you talking about?  'Supernatural' and usually talked about as being undetectable.  Have you worked out a secret hand signal with god or something?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another hypothetical for theists. ignoramus 93 16676 March 24, 2018 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Very short argument for God (another clear proof) Mystic 123 23596 January 26, 2018 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Another argument for God. Mystic 52 9304 January 24, 2018 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: uncool
  Why is Kim Jong-un just like God. ignoramus 3 1601 July 11, 2017 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Do people hate the actual belief in God, or just the religious organizations? goombah111 101 25694 November 14, 2016 at 4:19 am
Last Post: goombah111
  Constructing the image of the hypothetical God Aegon 9 1879 February 5, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: comet
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19389 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  God is not a person, just a thermodynamically inefficient process. Ksa 17 4723 December 21, 2013 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Religion/god is just wishful thinking. frz 53 19656 April 21, 2013 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Soyouz
  A Jesus hypothetical Gooders1002 7 2477 December 16, 2012 at 6:15 am
Last Post: Justtristo