Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodluck ?
Goodluck ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-man...r-20733674

Poor boy ...
"Jesus is like an unpaid babysitter "
R. Gervais
RE: Goodluck ?
Yet another sickening story, stemming from superstitious belief.

Religion and practices associated with it, needs to be exterminated, NOW.
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

Has anyone looked up all the dumbass "reasons" for circumcision throughout history?!
The Bible actually implies that circumcission was a man-made custom and also not required.
A "True Christian™" would know this... lol
Admit it. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about and just pull shit out of your ass, don't you.

Gen. 17

Quote:9 Then God said to Abraham, “As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. 10 This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised. 11 You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you. 12 For the generations to come every male among you who is eight days old must be circumcised, including those born in your household or bought with money from a foreigner—those who are not your offspring. 13 Whether born in your household or bought with your money, they must be circumcised. My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant. 14 Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.”
(December 17, 2012 at 3:33 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Admit it. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about and just pull shit out of your ass, don't you.

John 7:21-24
King James Version (KJV)

21 Jesus answered and said unto them, I have done one work, and ye all marvel.
22 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers; ) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.
23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Bolded above to "prove" it wasn't commanded by God.
Read Romans 2 for the rest ...
(December 17, 2012 at 3:46 pm)catfish Wrote:
(December 17, 2012 at 3:33 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Admit it. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about and just pull shit out of your ass, don't you.

John 7:21-24
King James Version (KJV)

21 Jesus answered and said unto them, I have done one work, and ye all marvel.
22 Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers; ) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.
23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?
24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Bolded above to "prove" it wasn't commanded by God.
Read Romans 2 for the rest ...

Classic retcon.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Clasic non-rebutal...
Jeremiah 31:31-34
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the Lord. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the Lord. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

Circumcision was an outward sign of Israel's Old Covenant with God. Hebrews 8 describes Jesus as the mediator of the New Covenant, which is based on a personal relationship with God (when we are made clean by Jesus' sacrifice and can stand in His presence). Like every OT physical act, circumcision represents a spiritual standing with God. As Colossians 2:9-15 explains,

"For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ, having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead. When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross."
(December 17, 2012 at 4:45 pm)Undeceived Wrote: Jeremiah 31:31-34
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the Lord. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the Lord. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

Circumcision was an outward sign of Israel's Old Covenant with God. Hebrews 8 describes Jesus as the mediator of the New Covenant, which is based on a personal relationship with God (when we are made clean by Jesus' sacrifice and can stand in His presence). Like every OT physical act, circumcision represents a spiritual standing with God. As Colossians 2:9-15 explains,

"For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ, having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead. When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross."

And if we were under the new covenant, you wouldn't need to teach me about God...

But regardless of that, Yeshua brought the offer of forgiveness while he was alive. I don't agree with human sacrifice, period! Also, the Bible says there is no mediator between man and God...