Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Mills - Atheist Universe
David Mills - Atheist Universe
I've a copy of "The God Delusion" which I absolutely love and I am keen on picking up a copy of the above mentioned book. It does seem to have a lot of good reviews.

Does anyone here have a copy of the book or has read it before? Opinions? Big Grin
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
RE: David Mills - Atheist Universe
(August 16, 2009 at 8:45 am)Retorth Wrote: Does anyone here have a copy of the book or has read it before? Opinions?

None but it gets 4½ on Amazon!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Yeah a lot of good reviews there, no doubt! Any other good books that you folks would recommend for a good read? Big Grin
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
There's a subforum in the discussion sections where we all recommended a bunch of books and voted on which ones to read. Check that out Smile

http://atheistforums.org/forum-20.html
(August 16, 2009 at 9:31 am)LukeMC Wrote: There's a subforum in the discussion sections where we all recommended a bunch of books and voted on which ones to read. Check that out Smile

http://atheistforums.org/forum-20.html
Given that we don't have a book club anymore, I've deleted the forum and created a "Books" discussion forum as a subforum of Discussion. I've moved this thread here Big Grin
That's a great idea. So we had a book club but not even a book discussion subforum! That's more vital I would think!

Great idea Adrian.

EvF
Yeah I completely agree with a discussion sub-forum for book discussions. Smile Makes much more sense too.
I hope you guys don't mind me "reviving" this thread but I felt it wouldn't be appropriate to create another thread about the same thing.

I just wanted to say that I ordered a copy of "The Atheist Universe" today. Can't wait for it to come! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your favorite Star Trek Universe Alien Foxaèr 27 1062 November 28, 2020 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  David and San Jazz ith. Brian37 20 897 November 20, 2020 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Marvel Cinematic Universe Astonished 47 5861 June 25, 2017 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  David Bowie's 100 Favourite books: How many have you read? Rev. Rye 27 2540 October 22, 2016 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  OMG OMG OMG Marvel Cinematic Universe Fans have GOT to read this..... Joods 6 1097 May 25, 2016 at 12:12 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Melancholy Universe bladevalant546 4 961 August 11, 2014 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Ricky Gervais reprises his role as David Brent in "Brent's Back" CleanShavenJesus 0 1066 March 2, 2013 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: CleanShavenJesus
  I'm now gay - David Bowie just made me climax Gambit 13 5856 May 28, 2012 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Gambit
  RIP David Honeyboy Edwards frankiej 0 1023 September 1, 2011 at 10:02 am
Last Post: frankiej
  David Guetta ft. Kid Cudi The_Flying_Skeptic 0 2295 May 26, 2010 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: The_Flying_Skeptic