Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvel Cinematic Universe
Marvel Cinematic Universe
I didn't see a thread like this anywhere in recent memory so I thought I'd see if this interested people at all.

This is arguably (hell, it IS) the most ambitious and successful film franchise of all time. With the average intake of each film now at well over half a billion dollars, over the span of 14 movies, and no sign of slowing down, Marvel is the reigning champ of action and sci-fi for the 2010s. With no critical review averages dipping below the mid- to low-70's on RottenTomatoes, they're not just another Transformers, they've got enough substance to impress critics and audiences alike.

They've also branched into television to expand the continuity. This isn't unheard of with things like Stargate and other films-turned-television shows, but none have continued this long while in pace with the still-active film franchise, or with as many different simultaneous ongoing shows like ABC's Agents of SHIELD and the cancelled Agent Carter, and the Netflix lineup of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and the Defenders, among others being announced.

So, what's your take on this rampaging giant of film and television? Good or bad, let's hear it.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe
Television is the best it has ever been. Sopranos, WD, Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Stranger Things. Just watched the first episode of Mr. Robot. We can record and watch later. We can binge watch entire seasons. Beats Gilligans Island.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(January 1, 2017 at 8:15 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Television is the best it has ever been. Sopranos, WD, Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Stranger Things. Just watched the first episode of Mr. Robot. We can record and watch later. We can binge watch entire seasons. Beats Gilligans Island.

I meant specifically pertaining to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but since most of those things you mentioned are on Netflix, yes, I love that they release an entire season of Daredevil all at once so I don't have to wait a whole week for new episodes like on Agents of SHIELD (plus freaking commercials...)
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
Gotcha! Not into Marvel. Backing away now.

(January 1, 2017 at 8:23 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Gotcha! Not into Marvel. Backing away now.

Aw, man. Guess I'm alone.

---

(January 1, 2017 at 8:24 pm)Astonished Wrote:
(January 1, 2017 at 8:23 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Gotcha! Not into Marvel. Backing away now.

Aw, man. Guess I'm alone.

I doubt it.

(January 1, 2017 at 8:24 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(January 1, 2017 at 8:24 pm)Astonished Wrote: Aw, man. Guess I'm alone.

I doubt it.

I figured with how wildly successful it is, it would generate more discussion, and that this would be a place where most people would be fans since we don't have any objections like, 'Aliens are of the devil' and such to keep us from going to see them.

---

I'm not sure how to add to the conversation, but I like just about everything Marvel right now. The only parts I dislike are being pushed by other companies (like Fox and their X-Men movies). I'd prefer it if Disney just ran all of it.

Ooh, how about some controversy? DC sucks! Tongue (really, I can't stand most of their shows/movies)
They're better than DCs attempts? Not really a compliment But I basically hate movies now so fucking whatever.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(January 1, 2017 at 8:27 pm)Astonished Wrote:
(January 1, 2017 at 8:24 pm)chimp3 Wrote: I doubt it.

I figured with how wildly successful it is, it would generate more discussion, and that this would be a place where most people would be fans since we don't have any objections like, 'Aliens are of the devil' and such to keep us from going to see them.

You started the thread just over a half hour ago - be patient.

As for my thoughts on it, I'm not much into the franchise, although I thought 'Deadpool' should serve as a template for how to make films in the future. Right now, I'm waiting for the sure-to-be trainwreck of 'Doc Savage'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your favorite Star Trek Universe Alien Foxaèr 27 1007 November 28, 2020 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Martin Scorsese says Marvel movies are "not cinema" EgoDeath 97 3897 October 16, 2019 at 8:49 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  "Logan" is the first Marvel movie I'm interested in seeing since the first Avengers Aegon 30 4537 March 19, 2017 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Jesster
  OMG OMG OMG Marvel Cinematic Universe Fans have GOT to read this..... Joods 6 1092 May 25, 2016 at 12:12 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Melancholy Universe bladevalant546 4 957 August 11, 2014 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  David Mills - Atheist Universe Retorth 7 4236 September 8, 2009 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Retorth