Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:04 pm

Poll: Are women better in politics?
This poll is closed.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
63.64%
7 63.64%
I dont care and live under a rock
36.36%
4 36.36%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are women better in politics?
Are women better in politics?
So South Korea has elected it`s first woman president today!

She is the former head of the South Korean konservative party, she is the daugther of the former South Korean Dictator Park Chung-hee and in the election she has beaten Moon Jae.

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/pa...73853.html

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Geun-hye

Germany has been ruled by a woman chancelor for almoust 8 years now, and I oftern read in German newspapers that as a woman she works in office with far more reason, than with impulse.
The upcoming election here has already been named by some papers as "testosteron versus reason". And generaly speaking , women in politics are on the rise here.

From what I have heared so far in the news, Brasil is doing fine with Dilma Rousseff, Denmark is doing outstandlingly well with Helle Thorning Schmidt aswell as Austrialia is doing fine with Julia Gillard.
Only Argentinia with Christina Kirchner is the country with a female politician as head of the goverment where things aren`t running that well.

I dont know how it is abroard, but it seems like alot of people here in Germany come to believe that women are more capable to do better work as politicians since "they are more reasonable and their thinking is not that influenced by testosteron".

What do you think?
RE: Are women better in politics?
I don't care, because it's nonsense.

They are both capable of managing the job.

Does 'no' mean men are better in politics?
nope, it simply means that women arent better.
Confusing!

I mean, shouldn't thr poll include an option;

'Men are better in politics'
The evidence you offer might suggest women politicians make better administrators, but they say nothing about whether women politicians are better politicians.

The fact that politicians are overwhelmingly male suggest men are in fact better politicians than women. The first goal of politics is not to run the country well. It is to get a shot at running the country at all. In this men seem to succeed far more than women.
Tricky question. My answer is 'fuck arbritrary gender roles.' I mean, how does a testosterone filled penis somehow make someone govern better or worse? Women are just as capipable as men in politics and women are just as likely as men to fuck up, too.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
I don't care and I live under a rock.
Women are born for politics imo.
"Jesus is like an unpaid babysitter "
R. Gervais
it depends what country sometimes women get no respect

example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nte1UtRww_k
Definitely not. They spend to much time rethinking decisions and picking what shoes to wear on the way to parliament/senate/congress.

Women gonna women......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2419 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  How does your WV inform your politics? FrustratedFool 142 6571 September 8, 2023 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Women and Assault FrustratedFool 17 1175 September 2, 2023 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  When Grown-Up Play Politics BrianSoddingBoru4 0 327 December 18, 2022 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Is republic better than monarchy? FlatAssembler 18 952 September 13, 2022 at 12:03 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Our politics is for slaves and suckers. brokefree 12 760 June 10, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  I have some real politics for you. brokefree 6 486 June 10, 2021 at 1:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Politics and Twitter. Brian37 27 1308 May 6, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Irreligious Atheist
  Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country? Greatest I am 129 5567 February 8, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  "Tell All" books and politics........ Brian37 18 961 September 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal