Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies that were better than you had expected
Movies that were better than you had expected
A response to:

http://atheistforums.org/thread-14563.html

I`ll start with Skyfall, the last Bond movie.
Not being a big fan of the series I was suprised how much I enjoyed this film.
RE: Movies that were better than you had expected
"God Bless America"
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
The Dawn of the Dead remake. The original is still miles better, but I was rather surprised by it.
Cunt
Little Women, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans, Papillon, Lincoln, Oldboy (how was I to know that the movie would become one of my top ten favorite films?), A Serbian Film, American Beauty (I came upon it late), We Need to Talk About Kevin, The General (I was always more of a Chaplin junkie).
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Iron Man and Iron Man II. And The Dark Knight.

When did we finally figure out how to make comic book movies?
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(December 26, 2012 at 5:20 pm)Annik Wrote: Iron Man and Iron Man II. And The Dark Knight.

When did we finally figure out how to make comic book movies?

When Tim Burton got the rights to Batman?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I never liked any Marvel based movies. Whenever I see a marvel film, "dumb dumb dumb" is ringing in my head. The Nolan batman films are the only superhero films that seemed half way interesting.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
[Image: title_bronson_blu-ray.jpeg]

[Image: Drive.jpg]

both from the same director, both only recently in cinema and both outright awsome.

I was really suprised and hadn`t expected such an awsome film.
Both of those are fantastic films, but I had heard that they were great before I watched them, so I expected it. Tongue
Cunt
The Avengers. I expected it to be good. But not THAT good.

The first Silent Hill movie. Silent Hill Revelations was pure dog shit, though.

Toy Story 2 and 3. A rare set of exceptions to "the sequels suck." Wall-E. Up. Dark Knight Rises. I kept hearing DKR wasn't that great but I dunno what the hell people were talking about. Iron Man. Finally, powered-armor done right- ok enough with my obsession with powered armor...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 806 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 692 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
Thumbs Up Is bigger really better? onlinebiker 7 406 February 27, 2022 at 8:23 am
Last Post: brewer
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1696 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Fist bumping isn't better for germaphobes Foxaèr 17 2658 September 12, 2021 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Incidental Christmas Movies brewer 6 811 December 25, 2020 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Covers that are (in your opinion) better than the origionals Theswordismyleopard 15 749 August 30, 2020 at 7:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Covers that are (in your opinion) better than the origionals Theswordismyleopard 0 184 August 29, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Theswordismyleopard
  Who were your heros? Brian37 10 652 July 28, 2020 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  How were past times so violent? Macoleco 17 1114 April 19, 2020 at 11:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger