Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Russian warns, "Americans never give up your guns"
A Russian warns, "Americans never give up your guns"
Quote:Governments will use the excuse of trying to protect the people from maniacs and crime, but are in reality, it is the bureaucrats protecting their power and position....Do not be fooled by a belief that progressives, leftists hate guns. Oh, no, they do not. What they hate is guns in the hands of those who are not marching in lock step of their ideology. They hate guns in the hands of those who think for themselves and do not obey without question.

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columni...ns_guns-0/
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: A Russian warns, "Americans never give up your guns"
In soviet Russia, the guns own you!
We're taking advice from Russians now?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(December 31, 2012 at 9:25 am)Faith No More Wrote: We're taking advice from Russians now?

There really isn't much difference between an old-style commie and the fascist American right. Both insist on toeing the party line.
Having no guns works pretty well here in the UK. Although I don't think that's an option at this point for the US, too many guns and gun loving.
Interesting.

The Soviets did such a good job of disarming the populace but they still overthrew the tyrants. Are we saying they could do it, but we couldn't?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Russia alows citizens to own weapons which they find nececery for their "self defence".

But what is nececery for "self defence"? And what do you need to defend yourself from tigers, bears and bandits in the deepest outskirts of sibiria.

And what do you need for self defence in criminaly unstable Moscow districts and the politicaly unstable kaukasus?

This question is answered diferently in every single part of Russia.
In certain regions of Russia people own full automatic assault rifles.
I once met a Russian from Omsk who told me that "In every Russian farm, theres a Russian kalashnikov."

Russian laws on the ownership of firearms can be compared to the American laws, to a certain extent.
Meaning that the psychological tests are required, but once one has the licence one can own firearms which would be illegal for ownership in the US.
(December 31, 2012 at 9:02 am)A Theist Wrote:
Quote:Governments will use the excuse of trying to protect the people from maniacs and crime, but are in reality, it is the bureaucrats protecting their power and position....Do not be fooled by a belief that progressives, leftists hate guns. Oh, no, they do not. What they hate is guns in the hands of those who are not marching in lock step of their ideology. They hate guns in the hands of those who think for themselves and do not obey without question.

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columni...ns_guns-0/

So, seeking support from the official mouthpiece of what remains of the communist party of the former Soviet Union, are we?

I expected no less stupidity from a rightwing nutcase who professed himself to be of a creed that seeks enlightenment through screaming incoherently.
Leftist Hypocrisy.....

[Image: liberalhypocrisy.jpg]
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Here's a public service for the gun nuts to piss and moan about.

From Slate.com.... a graphic depiction of the gun deaths SINCE Sandy Hook.

The number? 321 and climbing. And this does not include suicides or murders which are so insignificant that they don't make it to the press at all.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_p...oting.html

Apparently they update it every day.

Quote:Of course, this data is incomplete. Not all reports get caught by @GunDeaths’ news alerts or his followers. Suicides, which are estimated to make up as much as 60 percent of gun deaths, typically go unreported. Nevertheless, we at Slate want to assemble this data as best we can.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Open Discussion on Russian Identity Leonardo17 10 996 December 4, 2023 at 11:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did guns or vaccines save more lives in 2021? FlatAssembler 94 7765 January 27, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  US & Russian participation on the International Space Station. Jehanne 8 1121 December 18, 2022 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I dont get why Americans are complaining about Monarchy Woah0 0 490 September 10, 2022 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Woah0
  Ukrainians dont want to learn Russian language Interaktive 2 294 July 31, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Why NATO doesn't give to Ukraine plan of membership? Interaktive 39 1528 April 24, 2022 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  No More Guns Foxaèr 75 4918 August 1, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Ghost Guns - one of the left's lies. onlinebiker 33 2055 June 23, 2021 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1804 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7736 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker