Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About the new purple color...
About the new purple color...
I just wanted to say that the new purple color for donators doesn't make sense to me and I don't like that it makes Lilly's special color less special. The old green made a little more sense because green is the stereotypical color of money but I can see that it was to similar to the color of the mods.

I think color should be associated with the user's permissions (with the exception of Lilly obviously). Donators don't have additional permissions from non-donators correct?

What about donator's names stay blue but have bold text? At least this way you'd have more consistency (associating one color for all members) whilst still making them stand out from us cheapskate members.

Or a darker color blue in addition the bold font?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: About the new purple color...
I fap to design consistency.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
The blue used by regular members is already bold...
(January 7, 2013 at 5:41 pm)Tiberius Wrote: The blue used by regular members is already bold...

I noticed that after I posted this thread. (It is however not bold when seeing their names outside of threads.) So perhaps a darker blue for donators? Or make regular member's blue lighter? Or not bold?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
How about everyone come up with suggestions, and then we'll compile a list of ones we can do, and people can vote.
Should be do it here or will another thread be made? I second the idea for making it a darker blue.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
So the only objection to purple is Lilly?
Why not? It's a laugh for both her and the rest of us Clap
This looks good methinks

[Image: uMcl0.png]

(January 7, 2013 at 6:28 pm)pocaracas Wrote: So the only objection to purple is Lilly?

Did you really just use "only" in the same sentence as "Lilly"?

It was nice knowing ya. RIP.
My ignore list

Badge. Best solution is badge. That way, even mods and admins can have donator status.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where's my purple name? Foxaèr 15 1908 February 26, 2018 at 7:24 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Color codes Losty 53 7159 December 4, 2015 at 9:24 am
Last Post: Aractus
  AF roles... (color coded usernames) Catholic_Lady 21 3706 August 6, 2015 at 4:57 am
Last Post: Longhorn
Thumbs Up the color of usernames on the forum Handprint 5 2586 February 10, 2012 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Phil