Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help wanted
Help wanted
My father is inflicting his new girlfriend on the family far too soon after my mums death and does not seem to understand our protests.

Darwinian has suggested that there is probably the perfect film out there that would explain how we feel.

So can you suggest a film I can recommend he watch? he doesn't seem to understand what we are telling him.

By we I mean my sister and my wife as well as myself who have all had a go.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Help wanted
Define "far too soon".
The man has needs.
I know right, maybe he's just happy to be getting his wick wet, and in context, it's entirely possible that he's just lost someone who meant more to him than she did to you. I don't know your father or your family though, so obviously feel free to disregard.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
He can fuck her without bringing her around his family too often too soon.

There's only one movie I can think of and its kinda a chick flick. Called Stepmom I believe, about a divorced mother dying of cancer and a stepmother coming into the picture and how the children react, etc.
(January 9, 2013 at 4:54 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Define "far too soon".
The man has needs.

The fact that he has a girlfriend so soon isn't the issue really. Its his desire to force her into every situation where mum was until May.

He may be ready to move on but we aren't.

I appreciate that he has a right to happiness but I also have a right to have my feelings respected and he is relentless in sliding this woman into my mums place and is bringing her round when I, my wife and my children are not ready.

I have nothing against the woman and what he does when he isn't with us is fine. But for me me it is too soon.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

The only option is to exclude her. It's a shitty choice to have to make, and it sounds like you guys have made it clear that you don;t want her there...his repeatededly bringing her should make it clear that he does. Rough spot man.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 9, 2013 at 5:12 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: The fact that he has a girlfriend so soon isn't the issue really. Its his desire to force her into every situation where mum was until May.

He may be ready to move on but we aren't.

I appreciate that he has a right to happiness but I also have a right to have my feelings respected and he is relentless in sliding this woman into my mums place and is bringing her round when I, my wife and my children are not ready.

I have nothing against the woman and what he does when he isn't with us is fine. But for me me it is too soon.

What I would say is that you then don't participate if you aren't comfortable. I mean do you have to participate in these activities?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]