Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
muhammed
muhammed
5 different translations of the quran 33.21 saying how muhammed is a good example to follow for those whos hope lies in allah and the last day. Notice how it doesnt say muhammed is a good example at how to follow the commands of allah it only says he himself is a good example.

Quote:Sahih International
There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.
Muhsin Khan
Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad SAW) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much.
Pickthall
Verily in the messenger of Allah ye have a good example for him who looketh unto Allah and the Last Day, and remembereth Allah much.
Yusuf Ali
Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of Allah.
Shakir
Certainly you have in the Messenger of Allah an excellent exemplar for him who hopes in Allah and the latter day and remembers Allah much.

BUT dont model yourself on muhammeds code of conduct when it comes to wives because he deserves more than other muslims apparently in a few verses onwards.

Quote:verse 33.50 of the quran

O Prophet, indeed We have made lawful to you your wives to whom you have given their due compensation and those your right hand possesses from what Allah has returned to you and the daughters of your paternal uncles and the daughters of your paternal aunts and the daughters of your maternal uncles and the daughters of your maternal aunts who emigrated with you and a believing woman if she gives herself to the Prophet if the Prophet wishes to marry her,only for you, excluding the believers. We certainly know what We have made obligatory upon them concerning their wives and those their right hands possess, [but this is for you] in order that there will be upon you no discomfort. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

This verse is saying how allah gave muhammed the right to have more than 4 wives because he is the prophet . god says he deserves more wives than the other believers, this message was relayed to the believers by muhammed coincidently.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: muhammed
Hey, im back will reply after some sleep.

Whats the point of this thread may i ask?
(January 12, 2013 at 9:02 pm)ThatMuslimGuy Wrote: Hey, im back will reply after some sleep.

Hey, I was always here and always will be.

And I am about to go to the toilet.

This was vital information for every forum member, presented by the Germans.
(January 12, 2013 at 9:00 pm)ThatMuslimGuy Wrote: Whats the point of this thread may i ask?

I often find it useful to read the first post in a thread. I've noticed they sometimes contain little clues to what the thread's about. Some posters are sneaky like that.

In other news, I've just been to the toilet and am now contemplating blowing my nose. Stay tuned.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 12, 2013 at 9:44 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(January 12, 2013 at 9:00 pm)ThatMuslimGuy Wrote: Whats the point of this thread may i ask?

I often find it useful to read the first post in a thread. I've noticed they sometimes contain little clues to what the thread's about. Some posters are sneaky like that.

In other news, I've just been to the toilet and am now contemplating blowing my nose. Stay tuned.

Yeah i read the post. He made two points. But didn't ask a question or engage a discussion.
Quote:I've noticed they sometimes contain little clues to what the thread's about

Yes...at least at the beginning. Frequent derailments lead me to consult the last post in the thread to see where it is currently standing.
(January 12, 2013 at 9:00 pm)ThatMuslimGuy Wrote: Hey, im back will reply after some sleep.

the point of the thread is just to show that god says you must have four wives according to muhammed, then muhammed all of a sudden said oh wait no god said i get to have more wives. To me it seems suspicious, im sure you will know a reason why it isnt suspicious and why its perfectly understandable though.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

(January 14, 2013 at 7:33 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(January 12, 2013 at 9:00 pm)ThatMuslimGuy Wrote: Hey, im back will reply after some sleep.

the point of the thread is just to show that god says you must have four wives according to muhammed, then muhammed all of a sudden said oh wait no god said i get to have more wives. To me it seems suspicious, im sure you will know a reason why it isnt suspicious and why its perfectly understandable though.

Oh. Ok. May i ask where does god say you must have four wives according to muhammad?

The ruling for wifes is from surah Al-Nissa 4:3

And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one or those your right hand possesses. That is more suitable that you may not incline [to injustice].

Nothing to with Muhammad.

Muhammad was allowed to marry more than this number as you showed.
sorry i didnt type that clearly enough i didnt mean the quran says you must have 4 wives, i meant the quran says you must have a limit of 4 wives. But not muhammed. The point being that muhammed is the one saying all of this in the first place. Its funny how he is the only muslim who is allowed to have more than everyone else and hes the one whos recieving these messages from god telling him hes allowed more than everyone else

Thinking

Yeah funny that eh?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it bad that Muhammed(pbuh) married Aicha ? huss88ein 100 15766 July 19, 2015 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  who was Muhammed? Phatt Matt s 29 4770 May 8, 2014 at 4:26 am
Last Post: mralstoner