Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it bad that Muhammed(pbuh) married Aicha ?
Is it bad that Muhammed(pbuh) married Aicha ?
Well I have been asked by a member about this and I told him that the age of marriage differ from time to time and from place to another .

If you ask me it is not unethical to get married if u reach the age of puberty for both sex and with of course the consent of the two people involved and their families.

And it is not just me saying that take a look at Texas law for example it says the same thing so why aren't they bad people.

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/texas-law/t...-laws.html

so the marriage issue is relative and not the same in everywhere and in islam it is the same thing but where judged and criticized because our law comes from a holy book .
RE: Is it bad that Muhammed(pbuh) married Aicha ?
I bet your objective morality told you that
It's only a problem to those who claim there is objective morality.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 18, 2015 at 5:03 am)huss88ein Wrote: [...]
If you ask me it is not unethical to get married if u reach the age of puberty for both sex and with of course the consent of the two people involved and their families.
[...]
And I suppose - according to you - age of puberty for women is 6 years old, right? /smh
Go learn some elementary school biology.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(July 18, 2015 at 5:03 am)huss88ein Wrote: Well I have been asked by a member about this and I told him that the age of marriage differ from time to time and from place to another .

so the marriage issue is relative and not the same in everywhere and in islam it is the same thing but where judged and criticized because our law comes from a holy book .

So if the marriage and particularly the consummation of marriage with 12 or 13 year old girls in Yemen is now considered repulsive and more importantly, proven to be dangerous to the girls health by most of civilised society, why doesn't someone change your fucked up 1400 year old book to reflect that?

Perhaps some dirty old men just like to feel justified while they fuck young children eh?
(July 18, 2015 at 5:20 am)robvalue Wrote: It's only a problem to those who claim there is objective morality.
Come on rob I already answered that in the ethics debate .

But anyway subjective morality is also acceptable in islam but this subjective morality can't attend to all the issues so we need objective morality too not that hard to understand.

And as the prophet(pbuh) said
I've been sent to continue
(July 18, 2015 at 5:20 am)robvalue Wrote: It's only a problem to those who claim there is objective morality.
Come on rob I already answered that in the ethics debate .

But anyway subjective morality is also acceptable in islam but this subjective morality can't attend to all the issues so we need objective morality too not that hard to understand.

And as the prophet(pbuh) said
"I was only sent to perfect good characters".

Not to make them but to perfect them .
Um, hussy.....things can't be simultaneously objective and subjective. That's kind of, you know, the core issue here.
(July 18, 2015 at 5:23 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
[...]
And I suppose - according to you - age of puberty for women is 6 years old, right? /smh
She was 9 at least and in other
(July 18, 2015 at 5:23 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
[...]
She was 9 at least when the marriage was consumated

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha

and yes I know biology and puberty differs and subject to many elements.

A question for u would marry a woman that is 15 years older than u ?

(July 18, 2015 at 5:32 am)Neimenovic Wrote: Um, hussy.....things can't be simultaneously objective and subjective. That's kind of, you know, the core issue here.
Have u read the hadith !!!!

If something is bad and u know it's bad it can never be accepted in islam but other things which are equally bad but can't be refused on a base of a rational deduction and that's how islam perfect characters and values in society .

(July 18, 2015 at 5:26 am)TubbyTubby Wrote:
(July 18, 2015 at 5:03 am)huss88ein Wrote: Well I have been asked by a member about this and I told him that the age of marriage differ from time to time and from place to another .

So if the marriage and particularly the consummation of marriage with 12 or 13 year old girls in Yemen is now considered repulsive and more importantly, proven to be dangerous to the girls health by most of civilised society, why doesn't someone change your fucked up 1400 year old book to reflect that?

Perhaps some dirty old men just like to feel justified while they fuck young children eh?
Ok I'm not here to defend countries but anyway how about texas ?
(July 18, 2015 at 5:03 am)huss88ein Wrote: If you ask me it is not unethical to get married if u reach the age of puberty for both sex and with of course the consent of the two people involved and their families.

And it is not just me saying that take a look at Texas law for example it says the same thing so why aren't they bad people.

I'm interested in your definition of puberty as it pertains to a female child.
(July 18, 2015 at 5:48 am)Cato Wrote:
(July 18, 2015 at 5:03 am)huss88ein Wrote: If you ask me it is not unethical to get married if u reach the age of puberty for both sex and with of course the consent of the two people involved and their families.

I'm interested in your definition of puberty as it pertains to a female child.
Girls reach puberty at the age of 10-11 in average .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Not all" bad argument for ANY religion...... Brian37 6 1930 March 6, 2016 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Islam and its History and Impact of Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) yukapuka 161 18923 January 12, 2016 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Good God and then Why Bad? Muslim 21 3429 November 5, 2014 at 5:39 am
Last Post: Nintentacle
  who was Muhammed? Phatt Matt s 29 4866 May 8, 2014 at 4:26 am
Last Post: mralstoner
  Ahmed Alhassan (pbuh) the MAhdi talks about evolution and islam alquersh 0 1184 October 27, 2013 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: alquersh
  The Mahdi (pbuh) to athiests alquersh 1 1340 October 27, 2013 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Education is bad! Dragonetti 57 15522 July 19, 2013 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Why prophet married aisha. remy 24 7532 April 14, 2013 at 3:46 am
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  What things are bad in Islam? ThatMuslimGuy 86 31268 January 21, 2013 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Nine
  muhammed paulpablo 10 2659 January 16, 2013 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: ThatMuslimGuy