Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the hell is "hell"? why do humans go to hell ?
What the hell is "hell"? why do humans go to hell ?
The million dollar question. Yet, many religious people (if not even all) failed to justify why the creation of hell is justified in the first place.

Islam for example, states that god created everything for a reason, a righteous,100% justified reason, hence one of god's name in islam is "the just".

And I present an answer, obtained from studying the quran for some time.

One of the biggest argues of atheist against islam, is odds. The world was created by an odd action caused a big bang, then everything else, including human existence was an odd, evolution of a primary creature.

Hell, is exactly the same as atheist believe : odds.

On earth, the climate is good, humans can eat, humans have obvious superiority over other creature, all the odds are with humans to build, live & have fun.

On hell, it's the negation of that.

God gives people who didn't believe in his creation & denied, he gives them exactly what they wanted : a random place.

Climate ? well on earth, it was cool, bearable. You said it was an odd ! okay ! what are the odds, of the sun being too close ?? you'll burn right ? but wait ! you said it was an odd ?? then, try this one odd : you're created (randomly) on the sun ! yaaaay !

food ? well on earth, it was nice, tasty, gives you life & energy, but you said it was and odd ! okay, try another odd : food is burning, it's not tasty !

and so on.

if you followed the description of hell in the quran, it's the negation of earth, in every tiny detail.

from my point of view, it makes total sense.. if you denied the blessing of your parents for example, then it's better for you to leave the house, and not to cry from the cold & the life of poverty.

god just states to humans, that without him, the world would be just like hell (mostly because of the stars getting so close to the land, if it has no rotational system (hence, the earth is the one who rotates around the sun)).
RE: What the hell is "hell"? why do humans go to hell ?
I reckon the majority of humans are created and raised to be, as Colonel Ingersoll put it, "kindling wood for Hell" because Heaven can only accommodate 144,000 saved elite. Apparently, God forgot the "7p" rule: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 20, 2013 at 9:43 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I reckon the majority of humans are created and raised to be, as Colonel Ingersoll put it, "kindling wood for Hell" because Heaven can only accommodate 144,000 saved elite. Apparently, God forgot the "7p" rule: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

?? 144,000 elites ?
dude I don't like this elite stuff ! where did you read this ?
That would be the Jehova's Witnesses Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Robert Green "Bob" Ingersoll (August 11, 1833 – July 21, 1899) was a Civil War veteran, American political leader, and orator during the Golden Age of Freethought, noted for his broad range of culture and his defense of agnosticism. He was nicknamed "The Great Agnostic."

Oah, now I see : ) thanks, google.

But don't compare islam with christianity, this guy turned agnostic because of the bible..
Please, with islam, it's a different book. Bring me stuff from the book that you don't like and then I might reply

why go so far ? the topic is in front of you..

at least quote points -_-"...maybe then you'll know that we're not christians.
Well, it was you who opened on a broad note, channeling "many religious people (if not even all)". I offered the official xtian perspective.

As for the 144,000 figure, I don't much care for it either. I chose the word elite (which is its own plural, by the way) by way of commentary on the traditional term "saved". Both words in this context act to distinguish a select chosen few from the common majority.

Also, don't be misled by my borrowing from my favourite quotable heathen, Colonel Ingersoll. It was simply an illustration, not really worth the trouble of a Google search. Feel free to educate yourself about the man though, if you wish.

Finally, I might start quoting points, that is if you quit relying on strawmen like this:

(January 20, 2013 at 9:34 pm)AtlasS Wrote: One of the biggest argues of atheist against islam, is odds. The world was created by an odd action caused a big bang, then everything else, including human existence was an odd, evolution of a primary creature.

I count at least five egregious errors in those two sentences alone.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Stimbo Wrote:Well, it was you who opened on a broad note, channeling "many religious people (if not even all)". I offered the official xtian perspective

and, do you think that perspective is just, or totally unfair ? you missed my whole point. The explanations of hell are always related to a big prison filled with fire. It's not like that, it's not a mere whole of torture in a dictatorial way. now, read that part in my topic again to get what I'm saying.

Quote:I count at least five egregious errors in those two sentences alone.

of course.. and then you give me another perspective of evolution. Just a common atheist overlap to show that your opposing person is ignorant or stupid. In the end it will only conclude what I just said.
Quote:Just a common atheist overlap to show that your opposing person is ignorant or stupid.

You believe in nonsense. You are what you are.
I find I never need to use evolution to show that my "opposing person is ignorant or stupid". It's much more satisfying to let their own words do that.
There is no hell. The all loving Merciful God, our Lord would not create something so evil. I believe that this has been misinterpreted by many. My Love of Jesus Christ tells me that there is nothing such as hell.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 3105 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Never call other humans disbelievers! Mystic 42 5889 October 29, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Can humans commit Shirk and Zina in Jannah? ReptilianPeon 14 5244 January 14, 2016 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How humans are "slaves", and how that leads to the existence of God. WinterHold 65 6881 November 4, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer