Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
contradictions
contradictions
Contradictions in what muslims say

"The human brain is incapable of deciding absolute morality so ive decided absolute morality id definitely in the quran"

Anjem choudary
"islam is superior"
He wouldnt dare to live in a country that actually is islamic thats why he lives in the UK and collects unemployment benefits from the government (welfare) while praising islamic terrorists.

"im very open minded just like islam teaches muslims to be"
"The quran can never be wrong"

"the quran is the best richest language for god to use"
But when it comes to a verse that is by todays standards morally or scientifically incorrect
"ahhh right well arabic is very difficult to translate, that word means several different things in english so thats why so many people get it wrong"

"god proves he is divine by giving his message to an unlettered prophet"
He didnt prove anything by doing that if he did it (no one knows) and if he can do anything then he obviously chose a pretty crap method of proving himself out of everything he could have done.
Also if he can do anything how lazy is this person? he didnt even talk to muhammed directly he got angel gabriel to do it, how do we know angel gabriel wasnt satan in disguise? or an alien?

"islam tells us how to prevent OCD"
Is that while youre praying 5 times a day at specific times of the day in a specific direction and washing your hands and feet before and after?

"islam is a religion of peace"
That depends who you ask

"Now let man but think From what he is created! He is created from A drop emitted—Proceedings from between the backbone (sulb) and the ribs (tara’ib). "

"its not talking about sperm its talking about seman"
"its not talking about seman its talking about where the baby is in a womans body"
"its talking about where the blood flows in a man to create the sperm"
"its talking about where the testes are formed in a baby during the early formation of a man"

"i am humble"
"i know without a shadow of doubt im correct about the creator of the universe and about how he is communicating to me and my fellow muslims"

I will add more later

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: contradictions
Hi

I kinda agree with you ; a lot of muslims have identity crisis & contradiction, because for one to understand what the hell islam wants, he/she must go through the Quran from A to Z by himself.
Most muslims didn't do that, well they read it all in ramadan, but more like a song, without thinking for real.
Allow me to show you that no contradictions are there.

Quote:"islam is superior"
He wouldnt dare to live in a country that actually is islamic thats why he lives in the UK and collects unemployment benefits from the government (welfare) while praising islamic terrorists.

Islam is not superior over anybody.
This religion is a message ; it's not a war machine.

This guy obviously understands nothing, because there is no "us & them", only in some cases.

In most cases, a Muslim tries to save others from the darkness of non believing, I cannot judge you, because tomorrow you might become a believer ; maybe better than me.

Islam is not about who's more powerful ; it's a mere message.

God is the only superior, but not us. Muslims are normal humans :/
And the examples of islamic defeat is numerous ; I can fill pages with how many times we got defeated & raped.

Quote:"im very open minded just like islam teaches muslims to be"
"The quran can never be wrong"

I see no contradiction here. He believes that the Quran is perfect (as I do), but in the same time, he is open minded about hearing other point of views, discuss them & understand them. Thinking

For example, the verse in the Quran which states that earth is stable because of the "rawasee"، all translations stated that rawasee means mountains, this doesn't make any sense.

So we ARE open minded about such stuff.

Quote:"the quran is the best richest language for god to use"
But when it comes to a verse that is by todays standards morally or scientifically incorrect
"ahhh right well arabic is very difficult to translate, that word means several different things in english so thats why so many people get it wrong"

God never said that the Quran was preached in arabic because arabic is perfect , this is a nationalist idea, unfair to other non-arab muslims.

The Quran was revealed in arabic, simply because the prophet was an arab. and so it was arabic so the prophet can start with Mecca, and then what's around it.

verse :

"We revealed it ; an arabic Quran, so you -mohammad- can warn the mother of villages -mecca- & what's around it ".

While another verse, stated that the language is not even important ; god's word is great in any language.

verse :

"Say to them, if the sea was spread to hold the words of my god, then the sea would finish before the word's of my god would finish ; even if we brought another sea like it, and spread it".

So it doesn't matter ; the words of god are numerous, wise, great in any language .

I said that a lot ; nationalism & religion cannot mix. Arabs try to monopolize this religion.

Quote:"god proves he is divine by giving his message to an unlettered prophet"
He didnt prove anything by doing that if he did it (no one knows) and if he can do anything then he obviously chose a pretty crap method of proving himself out of everything he could have done.
Also if he can do anything how lazy is this person? he didnt even talk to muhammed directly he got angel gabriel to do it, how do we know angel gabriel wasnt satan in disguise? or an alien?

lol, the revelations didn't take place like that : )
Mohammad saw gabriel the first time, it's when he passed out.

After that, most writing state that the revelations visited him in the middle of conversations with other people, instantly.

That's why arabs believed that he was bewitched. Other doubted that he's insane.

Then again, god is not a dictator. Atheists should really study the names of god in Islam.

He has 99 names (adjectives), one of them is "al-azeez" or "the proud" , thus he doesn't force anybody to worship him by force.

Note that hell is a final place ; before that nobody is forced to worship him.

This includes the following :

1) If angles came with mohammad, most people would get afraid & believe out of brute fear. They were forced

2)I really have nothing more to say

so, people should be the ones who force themselves to believe, not an external force.

Quote:"islam tells us how to prevent OCD"
Is that while youre praying 5 times a day at specific times of the day in a specific direction and washing your hands and feet before and after?

Btw, the prayer is one of the most beautiful things you might ever do. Back in time, I had problems, including a bad temper.

Prayers fixed me up, like really.

It makes me fell so peaceful & connected with the universe, and God of course.

It's nothing like an obsession or OCD .

You should try it : )

Quote:"islam is a religion of peace"
That depends who you ask

Nah, it is the religion of peace, Muslims became violent after the Crusades (our dear christian brothers used to storm muslim cities & butcher everybody there).

So Islam became "lame" against such threat, so muslims invented a lot of radical views, to allow them to face the new threat.

Saladin's era, included fighting with the old Islam ; nobody is to be killed after a city is taken. He did that in jerusalem.

Then the crusaders (under richard), answered that with butchering everybody in the city of Akka -not sure about the spelling-.

After that, Baibars came, another muslim leader......HE WAS A HELL RAISER. Changed islam to fit the new threat of the mongols & the crusades.

Anyway, real Islam doesn't say that, open up the Quran yourself & see.

And please don't bring verses of war ; because muslims also aren't bitches, we won't let somebody attack us without a good fight.

"Now let man but think From what he is created! He is created from A drop emitted—Proceedings from between the backbone (sulb) and the ribs (tara’ib). "

Quote:"its not talking about sperm its talking about seman"
"its not talking about seman its talking about where the baby is in a womans body"
"its talking about where the testes are formed in a baby during the early formation of a man"

(sulb) in arabic means the back area (believe me we use this word everyday), "the butt" is included in that.

[Image: 20081229115686070.jpg]

I'm pretty much sure the Seminal Vesicle is in the pelvis. Now it's closer to the butt.

I don't understand your problem, the verse is accurate Angel

Quote:"i am humble"
"i know without a shadow of doubt im correct about the creator of the universe and about how he is communicating to me and my fellow muslims"

The day & the night are common blessings, to me & you.
The cherry blossom is also a blessing that me & you can enjoy : )

There is no monopoly, my friend.
Angel Cloud

Yeah, that picture is about the Prostate gland, I know.
Quote:So we ARE open minded about such stuff.

Whos we?

Quote:"the quran is the best richest language for god to use"

Quote:God never said that the Quran was preached in arabic because arabic is perfect , this is a nationalist idea, unfair to other non-arab muslims.

This thread isnt about what god said, this thread is about what muslims say.

Quote:lol, the revelations didn't take place like that : )
Mohammad saw gabriel the first time, it's when he passed out.

After that, most writing state that the revelations visited him in the middle of conversations with other people, instantly.

That's why arabs believed that he was bewitched. Other doubted that he's insane.

Then again, god is not a dictator. Atheists should really study the names of god in Islam.

He has 99 names (adjectives), one of them is "al-azeez" or "the proud" , thus he doesn't force anybody to worship him by force.

Note that hell is a final place ; before that nobody is forced to worship him.

This includes the following :

1) If angles came with mohammad, most people would get afraid & believe out of brute fear. They were forced

2)I really have nothing more to say

so, people should be the ones who force themselves to believe, not an external force.

So you can prove it wasnt aliens or the devil that gave muhammed the message?

Quote:"islam tells us how to prevent OCD"

Quote:Btw, the prayer is one of the most beautiful things you might ever do. Back in time, I had problems, including a bad temper.

It's nothing like an obsession or OCD .

Doing things a specific amount of time everyday, at certain times of the day, in a specific direction everyday is by definition like OCD, people with OCD often feel the need to do things specific amount of times like touching things a certain amount of times or looking in a certain direction an amount of times and also experience the need to wash a certain amount of times.
Ive tried prayer, it was as boring as having a one way conversation to somone in a coma who you have never met. The only difference being you can see somone in a coma and they still have some signs of life.

Quote:"islam is a religion of peace"
That depends who you ask

Quote:Nah, it is the religion of peace, Muslims became violent after the Crusades (our dear christian brothers used to storm muslim cities & butcher everybody there).

Nah, it is the religion of peace,

Muslims became violent

People who follow a peaceful religion dont become violent in my opinion, it depends on your definition of peaceful.

Quote:"its not talking about sperm its talking about seman"

The verse is very accurate at describing what? Where the prostate gland is? where the sperm is made? where the seman is? If you think man is made from seman then i have to disagree.
Also this isnt about how accurate the quran is this is about contradictions muslims say, muslims all agree the quran is accurate we have established that, but they all say its correct for different reasons.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Quote:Whos we?

Minority of muslims : )

Quote:This thread isnt about what god said, this thread is about what muslims say.

I know. My reply was to show that this guy is confused.
Many muslims talk about religion without making sure that what they say is compatible with the holy book or not.

Many talk based not on their understanding of the Quran, but with what some scholars say ( like your friend ; Al-Fattihah), the guy had weird opinions because he was following imams, not the Holy Book.

Just wanted to state that, so you don't get confused why muslims contradict themselves sometimes.

Quote:So you can prove it wasnt aliens or the devil that gave muhammed the message?

Interesting point.
For me, the Quran is so pure, just like the cherry blossom. A bubble head alien can't come with that.

To be honest with you, it's mere faith Thinking
Or you can say, falling in love with the source of the book, it's wonderful.

If it was revealed by a demon or an alien, it would've been a different book. I'm sure about thatThinking

Quote:Doing things a specific amount of time everyday, at certain times of the day, in a specific direction everyday is by definition like OCD, people with OCD often feel the need to do things specific amount of times like touching things a certain amount of times or looking in a certain direction an amount of times and also experience the need to wash a certain amount of times.
Ive tried prayer, it was as boring as having a one way conversation to somone in a coma who you have never met. The only difference being you can see somone in a coma and they still have some signs of life.

Hmm, yeah it's my bad, if you don't believe in god & also love him, you won't feel the taste of the prayers.

But if a person eats his 3 meals on time, is it an OCD also ?

Quote:People who follow a peaceful religion dont become violent in my opinion, it depends on your definition of peaceful.

Humans have arrogance, which can turn anybody violent. Also greed & other factors.

Islam tries to destroy those factors. But it's all about what that person is doing with Islam.

As an arab, I saw a lot of people moved by arrogance & greed, and they used religion to get what they want (either muslims or christians).

Saudi arabia is the biggest example. The were moved by tribal motives (to bring honor the Saud family by ruling the country).

The used Islam to control the crowds and eliminate any aggression against their ruthless rule.

You see, they are greedy chumps who used religion as a weapon. Not the opposite .

Quote:The verse is very accurate at describing what? Where the prostate gland is? where the sperm is made? where the seman is? If you think man is made from seman then i have to disagree.
Also this isnt about how accurate the quran is this is about contradictions muslims say, muslims all agree the quran is accurate we have established that, but they all say its correct for different reasons.

Hmm, the conclusion is that god created humans. As simple as that.
About the method, semen is an important factor in the creation of humans.

Semen is produced in backward area of the body, a little bit downThinking

a great information for medieval people. A great one for modern humans too, to know that "god created humans". Thinking
(January 24, 2013 at 10:00 am)AtlasS Wrote: I see no contradiction here. He believes that the Quran is perfect (as I do), but in the same time, he is open minded about hearing other point of views, discuss them & understand them. Thinking

For example, the verse in the Quran which states that earth is stable because of the "rawasee"، all translations stated that rawasee means mountains, this doesn't make any sense.

So we ARE open minded about such stuff.
Just look at what I bolded...
Here, I'll make it easier:
(January 24, 2013 at 10:00 am)AtlasS Wrote: [...]the Quran is perfect [...]
[...]the verse in the Quran [...]doesn't make any sense.
"I see no contradiction here", he says.... Angel
Quote:But if a person eats his 3 meals on time, is it an OCD also ?
Its a matter of opinion but id say it would be OCD if you had to eat facing a certain way, at very specific times of the day and a very specific amount of times a day. Ive had a few friends who had OCD and they did pretty much exactly those things.

Quote:The verse is very accurate at describing what? Where the prostate gland is? where the sperm is made? where the seman is? If you think man is made from seman then i have to disagree.

Quote:Hmm, the conclusion is that god created humans. As simple as that.
About the method, semen is an important factor in the creation of humans.

Semen is produced in backward area of the body, a little bit downThinking

a great information for medieval people. A great one for modern humans too, to know that "god created humans". Thinking

Well great information is subjective too, i see it as very vague unspecific information, but my point remains the same, muslims trying to all say that one verse is right but all rushing too its support so fast without even getting their stories straight. One says the words dont mean backbone and ribs the other says it does mean backbone and ribs but thats where the testes are formed in the embryo the other says it doesnt mean the testes it means the prostate gland.
Its like a group of criminals who all come rushing to their friends aid to give him an alibi but they all give different versions of events, basically it reeks of dishonesty

(January 24, 2013 at 5:41 am)paulpablo Wrote: Contradictions in what muslims say

[Image: stan-01-w.jpg]

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I think its because i live in england where islam is taken more seriously than christianity in my area.

Why do women have to cover their appearance and men do not. It's because they are not equal in the islamic culture.
(January 24, 2013 at 10:00 am)AtlasS Wrote: [Image: 20081229115686070.jpg]

I had to kudo's your post.

ROFLOL

I never thought a diagram of somebody with a finger in their ass would be used in a discussion about religion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Contradictions in the koran Minimalist 6 2751 July 12, 2010 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Minimalist