Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why from now on I will only observe.
Why from now on I will only observe.
In short the reason why is because I am useless at debating and end up talking a lot of bollocks or get everything wrong or twisted. So in short I am not going to respond to debate and just watch as I end up looking like a complete Prat or an ignoramus. And I probably get some hate for this thread to as I have found I have very little to offer.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Why from now on I will only observe.
(January 29, 2013 at 9:11 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote: In short the reason why is because I am useless at debating and end up talking a lot of bollocks or get everything wrong or twisted. So in short I am not going to respond to debate and just watch as I end up looking like a complete Prat or an ignoramus. And I probably get some hate for this thread to as I have found I have very little to offer.

I feel the same way sometimes.. Okay a lot of the time..

On the bright side practice makes perfect. I quite often get called an idiot or at least feel like one. At least you get to learn something from the discussion and might be able to avoid making the same mistake.
You think you are a useless debater??????

Hell. With the language difference here, I dont even know if what I am writing is actualy making any sence.
Nore do I sometimes understand the posts of others.

You should all learn German and join the Reich Tongue
I just keep away from subjects I've already made my claims clear in and only enter new subjects that seem interesting. There is no harm in taking a break from posting. Smile
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Just remember debating is different to arguing, we are here to speak with others both like minded and differing to learn more for ourselves. you will learn more by debating but don't take it to heat too much if you look a little like a fool, I've only got to where I am now because I debated with others and learned from them
(January 29, 2013 at 9:11 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote: In short the reason why is because I am useless at debating and end up talking a lot of bollocks or get everything wrong or twisted. So in short I am not going to respond to debate and just watch as I end up looking like a complete Prat or an ignoramus. And I probably get some hate for this thread to as I have found I have very little to offer.

What? The fact that we wade in theistic comic books day after day does not mean it doesn't count. An in my short time here anyone can tell you I am nowhere near perfect.

It isn't about sudden results. I have seen where atheists were in 01 vs where we are today. Not everyone will get to Hitchens or Dawkins level. And there is no human, theist or atheist that wont end up with pie in their face at some point.

Look, you can try and fail or not try and will never know if you will do either.

Life is always ups and downs and if I had a nickle every time I stepped in it, Trump would be borrowing money from me.
I've never felt that way in my life. Sucks to be you guys.
(January 29, 2013 at 11:29 pm)Gilgamesh Wrote: I've never felt that way in my life. Sucks to be you guys.

Probably coz you're insignificant, you don't debate you just post anime shit
Insanity, I have had enough of that avatar. I like 11 so much that I have a strong urge to be nice to you all the time, no matter what you say. I feel like I am responding to the Doctor.

Gooders, I wouldn't worry about. 90% of the people here are not half as smart as they think they are and the other 10% would not call you an idiot if you weren't being an asshole.
(January 30, 2013 at 12:26 am)Shell B Wrote: Gooders, I wouldn't worry about. 90% of the people here are not half as smart as they think they are and the other 10% would not call you an idiot if you weren't being an asshole.

Or we would, though we might say it in jest Tiger

And anime shit's the best of the best of the best, HorribleOffensiveScouser91... I think I'll just call you HOS from now on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jCJZEFIto

And some more Heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0-VpHypu8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Xh2rMIipo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGcShbXhfBA

And hey, when Japanese Anime (primarily for its children and teenagers), you can find some awesomeness in American Cartoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AWU7UF5eVo
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 625 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Am I the only one who hasn't reset their clocks for Daylight Savings yet? Angrboda 5 287 November 24, 2020 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The only wine I like..... Brian37 21 1229 March 10, 2019 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Certified mensa (no womensa) geniuses only need apply. ignoramus 14 1234 December 5, 2018 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Solipsism threads should only have one post. Gawdzilla Sama 14 1345 August 11, 2018 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Joods
  The only gun anyone should ever own Foxaèr 10 1635 May 20, 2018 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  For the GUYS only here... A quick poll... Joods 102 7149 March 8, 2018 at 6:52 am
Last Post: Joods
  Am I the only one? Losty 42 5483 October 9, 2017 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  If Only The Kids Could Read and Count. Minimalist 1 885 August 26, 2017 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Am I the only one who doesn't remember ever telling a lie? Edwardo Piet 24 2046 September 14, 2016 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Losty