Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Elvis The Second Coming?
Was Elvis The Second Coming?
I'm very interested in odd ideas and don't usually laugh at them but this had me ROFLOL

I'm guessing the following was just a hoax to sell copies of the book - at least I hope it's a hoax and the author didn't actually actually believe it.

Alien Rock, The Rock 'n' Roll Extraterrestrial Connection

Quote:The author claimed that it all began the night the King was born, Jan. 8, 1935, when a strange, unidentified blue light reportedly hovered in the night skies above Elvis' childhood home in Tupelo, Miss. 'The light was seen by the doctor who delivered him and by Elvis' father, who later told Elvis all about it,' alleged Luckman. Sound a little spacey?

Well, Elvis' faithful friend and hairdresser, Larry Geller, who styled his hair for more than 12 years, confirmed to AOL News that the story isn't all that far out. Geller explained that in the late 1960s, Elvis' father, Vernon Presley, relayed the tale of the UFOs at Elvis' birthplace to both Geller and the King.

'His father told us he'd gone out to have a cigarette at 2 A.M. during the
delivery and when he looked up into the skies above their little shack, he saw the strangest blue light. He knew right then and there that something special was happening,
' said Geller.

But, back to Luckman. He believes those initial unidentified lights weren't the only incident involving Elvis and UFOs. Upon researching for his book, Luckman said he discovered that Elvis was supposedly 'contacted telepathically by two alien beings when he was 8 years old' who gave him a glimpse into his famous future.Luckman's story is that the extraterrestrials allegedly showed Elvis a hazy image of a man in a white jumpsuit singing to a crowd, but the young boy had no
idea what it all meant at the time.

Then there's all those sightings of Elvis over the years. Some people think they saw a living Elvis because he'd faked his own death while others think that Elvis really is dead and they saw his ghost. Big Grin Big Grin
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
RE: Was Elvis The Second Coming?
Elvis is King, not a prophet. Even Johnny Cash knew.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UlxEWTc0b7I
(February 4, 2013 at 11:31 am)Dee Dee Ramone Wrote: Elvis is King, not a prophet. Even Johnny Cash knew.

I love it. Thanks for posting it.

Colour Meanings

Quote:Blue symbolizes: youth, spirituality, truth, peace

Hmm. What's the mystical teaching hidden within the lyrics of Blue Suede Shoes? Big Grin
(February 4, 2013 at 11:58 am)Confused Ape Wrote:
Quote:Blue symbolizes: youth, spirituality, truth, peace

Hmm. What's the mystical teaching hidden within the lyrics of Blue Suede Shoes? Big Grin

Elvis used the shoes for his daily walk on water.
(February 4, 2013 at 12:01 pm)Dee Dee Ramone Wrote: Elvis used the shoes for his daily walk on water.

I'm afraid that somebody has beaten us to it where loony humour is concerned. Smile

The Two Kings Elvis And Jesus

Quote:In perusing Elvis' biography "If I Can Dream" by his hairdresser-cum-spiritual adviser Larry Geller, I stumbled across the following conversation:

Elvis begins: "Think back when I had that experience in the desert. I didn't only see Jesus' picture in the clouds -- Jesus Christ literally exploded in me. Larry, it was me. I was Christ... I thought I might be him. I really thought I was singled out, not only to be Elvis, but ah.. " "Elvis," [Geller] said calmly, "are you trying to say you thought you were Jesus Christ?" Elvis, with visible relief, grinned.

I shook my head in disbelief. Was Elvis really that out to lunch? If he was going to compare himself to a religious figure, why not try Buddha? At least they had the same body type. But, as I read further, as I dug deeper and deeper into Elvis lore, I began to notice bizarre affinities, strange parallels -- inexplicable similarities between the King of Rock 'n' Roll and the King of the Jews. At first they came to me slowly, but soon they were jumping off the pages. Coincidences? Perhaps?

From the list of co-incidences -

Quote:Jesus walked on water (Matthew 14:25).
Elvis surfed (Blue Hawaii, Paramount, 1965).
Jesus wasn't responsible for what the words written in the bible, as Elvis never wrote a song himself. It can't be a co-incidence!
No, but Pac was.
"A dolla makes me holla, Honey Boo-Boo" -- Honey Boo-Boo
Elvis is alive and working in Vegas as an Elvis impersonator Big Grin
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winter Is Coming Foxaèr 9 919 August 30, 2022 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Whose 2nd coming would you like most? Fake Messiah 24 1124 February 13, 2021 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  On second thought, maybe I go to Mickey D's. no one 9 769 December 31, 2020 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  “Jesus Not Coming Back By The Looks Of It” Admits Vatican Fake Messiah 13 1320 April 29, 2019 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  NEWS ALERT: Elvis Has Been Sighted! A Theist 3 474 February 4, 2018 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Portugal second :D LastPoet 10 861 February 12, 2017 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: LastPoet