Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what science comes easy to you if any?
what science comes easy to you if any?
I love biology but can't stand chemistry. I've been thinking alot on what attracts me to biology instead of chemistry and i thinks it's because of my love for life. Chemistry has always annoyed me in a necessary evil sort of way. What science attracts you and why? I ask cause i'm curious if people mostly share a general reason or not.
RE: what science comes easy to you if any?
Astronomy, right off the bat. It's one of the few sciences in which the amateur can still contribute. Also, for some reason, I seem to have developed the innate grasp of Physics that I never had at school; I can follow concepts such as the transference of energy within a system and understand every stage of what's going on, even if I'll never win a Nobel Prize.

In fact, I can pretty much understand just about any scientific concepts if they're explained properly for me, though unless they involve the fields I mentioned, I do have to work at them. Maths, on the other hand, is right out (oddly enough though, I have a far better memory for numbers than I ever have for names. If that means anything).
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I'm ok in math as long as i go at my pace. And i like physics to a point but i tend to drift away. I love social behavior in animals (one reason why religion fascinates me). What about astronomy does it for you?
I tended to get higher grades in biology than I did in chemistry or physics. I find it all fascinating really.
I wonder if there is a trend with these things though. Like if you like biology there is a higher chance you don't like chemistry. Probably sounds silly but most people in my biology class don't like chemistry.
(February 5, 2013 at 1:54 am)justin Wrote: I wonder if there is a trend with these things though. Like if you like biology there is a higher chance you don't like chemistry. Probably sounds silly but most people in my biology class don't like chemistry.

I liked chemistry. I struggled with physics. I still liked them just not quite as easy as biology was.
Science fiction I'm a natural at.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
I love biology and chemistry, especially now at university level where I get to combine them into pharmaceutical studies. The way medicine molecules act in the human body.. Brilliant and fascinating!
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I'm quite fond of linguistics.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
Creation Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life comes from life Won2blv 16 2979 April 7, 2016 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Can you give any evidence for Darwin's theory? Walker_Lee 51 9551 May 14, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  If you could have a science lesson... Jacob(smooth) 11 5090 December 20, 2013 at 8:55 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  The Science of Why We Don’t Believe Science FifthElement 23 7636 June 25, 2013 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Rahul
  What You Need to Remember About Science thesummerqueen 0 876 November 8, 2011 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Science Laughs: Science Comedian Brian Malow orogenicman 4 4240 December 10, 2010 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Lethe