Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you give any evidence for Darwin's theory?
Can you give any evidence for Darwin's theory?
People say it is true and has tons of facts. I have never been given one. So please, can you give me some evidence?
RE: Can you give any evidence for Darwin's theory?
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary...opic_id=46
Dying to live, living to die.
I have a hard time believing you haven't found any. Must not have looked very hard.

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: The Scientific Case for Common Descent
Or they tend to dismiss it as unbiblical.

Understanding Evolution
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Or, like Rev, only look at creationist websites and refuse to look at actual science
Dying to live, living to die.
Of course you haven't been given any evidence when you think that evidence is a fish body running around on human legs.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 7, 2014 at 3:17 pm)Walker_Lee Wrote: People say it is true and has tons of facts. I have never been given one. So please, can you give me some evidence?

Get your head out of your fucking bible and learn some science.

(It will make you seem like less of an asshole.)
Walker,
Were you homeschooled?
New strains of the flu virus every year, MRSA infections have evolved immunity to antibiotics that worked a few years ago, many many examples, you just need to look, it isn't hard to use google!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(May 7, 2014 at 3:17 pm)Walker_Lee Wrote: People say it is true and has tons of facts. I have never been given one.
Somehow, I am not bowled over by your admission that you've never been given a fact.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Trek theory Won2blv 10 990 June 24, 2023 at 6:53 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Simulation Theory according to Dilbert Neo-Scholastic 110 15053 May 10, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Intelligent Design as a scientific theory? SuperSentient 26 5991 March 26, 2017 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: SuperSentient
  What is evidence? Arkilogue 50 7764 October 4, 2016 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Simulation Theory Documentary Neo-Scholastic 25 5457 August 30, 2016 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
Exclamation Can you give me scientific references to mass loss during the pass over? theBorg 26 4564 August 18, 2016 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  New theory on how life began KUSA 19 3680 March 3, 2016 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Evidence of ET? Jehanne 54 7403 December 19, 2015 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Evidence vs proof? IanHulett 20 3839 December 14, 2015 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
  Empirical Evidence for Multiverse Neo-Scholastic 88 13332 December 10, 2015 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: IATIA