Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meteor hits Russia
Meteor hits Russia
If someone can post the clip, amazing stuff, glad no one got killed.

But to the religious who might read this, look at that video. THAT is reality. THAT is what killed the dinosaurs. There is no magical puppeteer vs a magical villain with a red pitchfork battling over the neurons in our brains.

You want reality, that meteor strike is reality, not your mentally concocted fantasies.

The universe is full of violence and hostile to biological life. We are here because of luck and conditions, not magic. And violent motion manifested this planet over billions of years and violence in a meteor strike can take us out too. And eventually no matter what ALL life will die on this planet and the core will go cold and the sun will die and the universe will continue without any fucking record of us.

So if someone here can post a link to that video, please do.
RE: Meteor hits Russia
http://atheistforums.org/thread-17219.html
(February 15, 2013 at 8:50 am)Brian37 Wrote: But to the religious who might read this, look at that video. THAT is reality. THAT is what killed the dinosaurs. There is no magical puppeteer vs a magical villain with a red pitchfork battling over the neurons in our brains.

DINOSAURS?
You look like a monkey indeed!!!
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Excellent stuff this meteor.

Next time a theist asks me to proof me god does not exist, I ask them to proof meteors don't exist and show this footage. Religion is the slowest way to commit suicide!
Seriously - wasn't this an episode of the X-Files?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(February 15, 2013 at 10:16 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: Seriously - wasn't this an episode of the X-Files?

PLEASE, religious woo is bad enough, we don't need to feed si fi nuts either.
I'm a skeptic. I'm just making a joke.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Nothing in my religion denies this ; planet killers were actually mentioned in the Quran, so I can't understand your point. Nobody ever said that satan & god are fighting, also nobody denied the fact that asteroids & meteors are signs from god.

Just for the record, the first sign of apocalypse in my religion is directly related to an asteroid, the "Smoke" which covers the sky & earth before the end of times can easily be caused by an asteroid..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter

Hence the verse also stated that the origin of that smoke comes from the sky.
I really don't understand your point ; no magic tricks, all science.

But in the current moment, nobody is discussing magic, as I said fireballs happen all the time, they are thrilling , exciting and beautiful, also a good path to think about god's creation.
Did you really have to do this AtlasS?

You know min and others will simply rip you a new one.
(February 15, 2013 at 11:11 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: Did you really have to do this AtlasS?

You know min and others will simply rip you a new one.

I kinda know that, but this is a part of my believe I must mention it :/
Honestly I realized how people look at me after writing such posts ; class A craziness which requires making fun of, but I'm turning the other cheek like one members advised me once : )
(February 15, 2013 at 11:03 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: I'm a skeptic. I'm just making a joke.

I know, but I get a lip twitch sometimes. Just ignore me.

(February 15, 2013 at 11:09 am)AtlasS Wrote: Nothing in my religion denies this ; planet killers were actually mentioned in the Quran, so I can't understand your point. Nobody ever said that satan & god are fighting, also nobody denied the fact that asteroids & meteors are signs from god.

Just for the record, the first sign of apocalypse in my religion is directly related to an asteroid, the "Smoke" which covers the sky & earth before the end of times can easily be caused by an asteroid..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter

Hence the verse also stated that the origin of that smoke comes from the sky.
I really don't understand your point ; no magic tricks, all science.

But in the current moment, nobody is discussing magic, as I said fireballs happen all the time, they are thrilling , exciting and beautiful, also a good path to think about god's creation.

The fireball is caused by speed and friction, not magic or a god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Expecting a great meteor shower. brewer 11 1998 August 12, 2016 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Meteor Shower This AM (Bonus ISS action as well) The Grand Nudger 3 1538 August 12, 2011 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: MilesTailsPrower