Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
proselytizing
proselytizing
There is this crazy Christian group in my town. They stand on the street corner at this busy intersection and wear body signs, hold up signs, and yell at people when they drive by. We saw them earlier and I took pictures. They also put these huge signs on their cars too. They have been known to run after people buying food in the drive thru at Mc Donalds in town. I snapped photos then we went to look at a car in a lot next to where they had parked their cars. As soon as they saw my husband and I looking at a new car they walked over and tried to make small talk by saying one of the men used to sell cars. Like I cared. Then as soon as we looked at them he had a pamphlet trying to give to my husband. My husband told him he we were Atheist and not interested. He said "oh you have more faith than I do then" and walked off. How rude!!!! We were trying to look at a car and were just minding our own business. How dare people just walk up into someones face and throw their literature around. Even the Christians in town were annoyed at their actions. Check out the photos.

Heaven or Hell

Human Billboard Idiots

christian mobile

Jesus Saves

Check out their skirts. That's the typical southern Baptist getup. A denim skirt to the ankles, some sneakers with white socks, and a plain t shirt or a t shirt that says something about Jesus. Usually the women have long hair, wear no makeup, and wear no parfume. They are just shy of being Amish.
RE: proselytizing
I thought your husband was a Christian? Or did he just say that to get them away? Tongue

By the way, your myspace profile is private so I can't see the photos. You can upload them as attachments here if you like.
(August 29, 2009 at 9:23 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I thought your husband was a Christian? Or did he just say that to get them away? Tongue

By the way, your myspace profile is private so I can't see the photos. You can upload them as attachments here if you like.

Yes he said that to get them to go away. He's a Christian but a strange one and really dislikes the organized religion aspect of Christianity actually today he said he was really starting to be agnostic. I'll fix my Myspace so people can see them.....ok it's fixed. Enjoy making fun of the idiots.
I have to go out on a limb here and make an educated guess of "Pentecostals" from the church of the UPC....And/or Oneness.

You will not be able to talk to those people and good luck on having any type of logical/rational conversation to them about ANYTHING that questions their religion (AKA) cult.
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
(August 29, 2009 at 9:45 pm)Samson Wrote: I have to go out on a limb here and make an educated guess of "Pentecostals" from the church of the UPC....And/or Oneness.

You will not be able to talk to those people and good luck on having any type of logical/rational conversation to them about ANYTHING that questions their religion (AKA) cult.

Yes I do believe they are some "holy rollers". It's hard to tell sometimes though because some of your southern baptists have the long hair and wear the skirts. Some Southern Baptists also speak in tongues just like the Pentecostals. Really it's an anything goes with them. I do know there is a "holy roller" church in the area and either way they are all the same. Once I dated a man who's parents were Pentecostal. I was 17 and he was 19 and we only dated for two weeks. His parents didn't even want me in their house because I wasn't religious or....their religion. I bet if I were a Baptist they still would not have liked me. They thought I was just a horrible sinful person who was out to sex their son to death. Little did they know he wasn't even sexually attractive to me and I really had just gotten hooked up with him on a blind date and he became super attached to me and I was working up to slowly droping him. I was too nice back then!
Actually that wouldn't be a "Baptist" if they consider themselves to speak in tongues. It's one of the major differences between Baptist and Pentecostal.

The Pentecostals declare and follow Corinthians in the keep of speaking in tongues, where is the Baptist followed Apostle Paul in Acts where it declares of when the 12 Apostles are gone, the language of tongue shall go with them.

You may be thinking of, "The Assembly of God"....Which is truly a mixture of both Pentecostal and 1st Baptist.
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
Speak in tongues??? I find I have no idea what that means...
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(August 29, 2009 at 11:14 pm)Samson Wrote: Actually that wouldn't be a "Baptist" if they consider themselves to speak in tongues. It's one of the major differences between Baptist and Pentecostal.

The Pentecostals declare and follow Corinthians in the keep of speaking in tongues, where is the Baptist followed Apostle Paul in Acts where it declares of when the 12 Apostles are gone, the language of tongue shall go with them.

You may be thinking of, "The Assembly of God"....Which is truly a mixture of both Pentecostal and 1st Baptist.

I've seen people speak in tongues at United Baptist and Missionary Baptist churches in the deep south. I've also seen snake handling in the deep south at Baptist churches as well as exorcisms. I work with a girl who's Baptist church performs exorcisms. I have never been to an assembly of god church. I've been to Baptist churches that are miles in the country and don't have indoor plumbing. Yes...that's right...they still use out houses at the churches I used to attend as a child. They also believe that non whites will not make it into Heaven and I've heard every racial slur you can think of that pertains to Blacks and Jewish people at a Baptist church. One girl had a mixed black and white baby and the preacher called it the "N" word and said it was going to hell. He did this during his sermon and sadly the congregation stood up and said "A Man". Also, they believe you should confess your sins to God and the congregation so recently a man in my town confessed to sleeping with his sister to the church members. Yep...people are inbred in the state of Kentucky. People still sleep with their sisters and brothers and cousins and marry their cousins and have little inbred semi retarded babies all the time. Also, some of those churches don't have air conditioning even today. Sometimes I wonder if they just catch the snakes out from under the church building because there were Copperheads and Rattle snakes under the church. Also, women who wear pants are considered sinning and they will not allow any woman in pants to enter the church. They will run you out or the preacher will call you a whore and make his whole sermon about how women who wear pants are evil. If you sit on the bench in the back of the church you are considered a sinner and will be harassed to get "saved". They wash eachothers feet and it's the nastiest thing I've ever seen. I've also saw healing where they smack someone on the side of their head in order to heal them. This all happened at various Southern Baptist churches that I have attended in the past.

I don't think many of you understand what it's like where I live. There are no rules except that white people stick with whites and blacks with blacks. Every mile or two there's a church. There are two Baptist churches right in front of my house and one behind me. Each one has different rules for their congregation. They call all of the crazy stuff people do in church "being in the spirit" and so you can act any way you want and they think that God is working through you. Around here people make their own rules and any non believer in Christ wears a target. There have been times I've wondered if someone would burn my house down because of my personal beliefs.
Where do you live? I want to know so that i can avoid the country at all costs. (I know it's America, and most places in it aren't quite that bad, thanks be unto the FSM.).

How can people be that stupid... and still call themselves sentient? <-- A question i have been fascinated with (and appalled by it's truth) for a long while now. I cannot force myself to fathom that level of stupidity.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(August 30, 2009 at 1:47 am)Saerules Wrote: Where do you live? I want to know so that i can avoid the country at all costs. (I know it's America, and most places in it aren't quite that bad, thank whatever i can possible).

How can people be that stupid... and still call themselves sentient? <-- A question i have been fascinated with (and appalled by it's truth) for a long while now. I cannot force myself to fathom that level of stupidity.

Kentucky. Can you hear the dueling banjos? I see that level of stupidity every day. I hate my town and the stupid people who live here. Oh...people still have sex with animals too. It's legal in this state! I know a couple personally and once when I was a teen I saw a guy have sex with a chicken on a dare at a party. It's a small place and everyone knows everyone in this region. Even if you go into another county they will know you. So parties would have a hundred or so people from all over at them. One good thing about living here is that those inbred people can grow some awesome weed and they can make some good moon shine. Yes...they still make moon shine.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proselytizing rjh4 is back 52 22583 July 3, 2010 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious