Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continuation of the articles on drug legalisation and the drugwar
Continuation of the articles on drug legalisation and the drugwar
I have recently posted a link to an article on the drugwar, which especialy focused on cocain, it`s production, distribution, economics and the overall impact it had especialy on sociaties in south america.

The article is a part of a series which my favorite german journal "Der Spiegel" is publishing.

This weeks edition featured an article about a DEA agent in El Paso - Texas and how the drug war in Mexico is turning the police into criminals and how it overal causes instability in the region:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/worl...86441.html

It also features an interview with harvard professor for economics Jeffry Miron, who is a long time advocate of legalisation:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/worl...86289.html

Next weeks edition will feature an article on west africa and how it has in recent years turned into the main rute for trafficing drugs into Europe.
As soon as the article has been translated into english I will post the link.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dems announce articles of impeachment against Trump Rev. Rye 16 1535 December 18, 2019 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  It's one of the saddest things of the modern day that the drug war exists EruptedCarcassBloat 14 1993 October 25, 2016 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Drug testing welfare recipients: Discuss Mystical 37 10965 October 17, 2013 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  "Pope Francis attacks drug legalisation in Latin America" Something completely different 1 1004 July 25, 2013 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Awsome pro cannabis legalisation activism! Something completely different 5 1971 July 15, 2013 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Fith part of the series on tthe War of drugs: The failing Drug War in Berlin. Something completely different 1 1056 March 21, 2013 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  third part of the article series on the cost of the drug war Something completely different 1 1899 March 8, 2013 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Ashendant
  Drug users and tax payers. Is it time to make the pushers pay for the party? Greatest I am 4 1753 March 26, 2012 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  EU bans sale of my epilepsy drug to USA, I'm f****d. Anymouse 4 1523 December 23, 2011 at 6:56 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko