Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dems announce articles of impeachment against Trump
Dems announce articles of impeachment against Trump
Yep, it’s official, Congress has finally unveiled articles of impeachment against Trump: abuse of office, and obstruction of Congress.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/10/politics/...index.html
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: Dems announce articles of impeachment against Trump
(December 10, 2019 at 11:21 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: Yep, it’s official, Congress has finally unveiled articles of impeachment against Trump: abuse of office, and obstruction of Congress.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/10/politics/...index.html

Funny they didn't include 'obstruction of justice'.  It seems like that would have been a natural follow-on to 'obstruction of Congress'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Too bad none of the GOP butt-lickers in the Senate are going to give a shit.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(December 10, 2019 at 1:32 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Too bad none of the GOP butt-lickers in the Senate are going to give a shit.

To be perfectly fair - if the shoe was on the other foot - the outcome would be exactly the same.

Party line votes - right down the line.
I'm getting a little sick of the impeachment story. To be honest, as others have said in various threads on the forum, it's likely that nothing will come of this. One is forced to think back on the Clinton impeachment, where the guilty/not guilty votes lined up almost entirely with the Republican/Democrat party line. So, yeah, Trump's being impeached, and it'll probably die in the Senate just like it's expected to, for better or for worse.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
(December 10, 2019 at 10:01 pm)EgoDeath Wrote: I'm getting a little sick of the impeachment story. To be honest, as others have said in various threads on the forum, it's likely that nothing will come of this. One is forced to think back on the Clinton impeachment, where the guilty/not guilty votes lined up almost entirely with the Republican/Democrat party line. So, yeah, Trump's being impeached, and it'll probably die in the Senate just like it's expected to, for better or for worse.

You make a rather good point. I want Dump, I mean Trump gone as much as the next person. I really do. But I don't think the House will vote for impeachment. I just don't see them getting enough Republicans - as well as some Democrats are apparently getting cold feet as well. The average American will see this news and think "why should I care about this? My 401K is doing great, I have a steady job and the economy is doing rather decent." To lots of Americans this story just looks as if Democrats are just bitter over the 2016 election. Which that obviously isn't the case. But that is how it looks. 

And it is weird how people keep pointing to polls that show 50% of Americans want him impeached. But really? If 2016 taught us anything those polls really are not to be trusted. I don't care what they say.

Again, I want Trump gone as much as the next guy. But it will die out.
(December 16, 2019 at 4:28 am)NightHawk Wrote:
(December 10, 2019 at 10:01 pm)EgoDeath Wrote: I'm getting a little sick of the impeachment story. To be honest, as others have said in various threads on the forum, it's likely that nothing will come of this. One is forced to think back on the Clinton impeachment, where the guilty/not guilty votes lined up almost entirely with the Republican/Democrat party line. So, yeah, Trump's being impeached, and it'll probably die in the Senate just like it's expected to, for better or for worse.

You make a rather good point. I want Dump, I mean Trump gone as much as the next person. I really do. But I don't think the House will vote for impeachment. I just don't see them getting enough Republicans - as well as some Democrats are apparently getting cold feet as well. The average American will see this news and think "why should I care about this? My 401K is doing great, I have a steady job and the economy is doing rather decent." To lots of Americans this story just looks as if Democrats are just bitter over the 2016 election. Which that obviously isn't the case. But that is how it looks. 

And it is weird how people keep pointing to polls that show 50% of Americans want him impeached. But really? If 2016 taught us anything those polls really are not to be trusted. I don't care what they say.

I think you're a little confused.  It's virtually a dead cert that the House will vote to impeach sometime in the next few days.  It's unlikely in the extreme that the Senate will vote to convict.

What I find extremely troubling is that McConnell is coordinating the trial with the White House.  Since when do jurors get to arrange things with the accused?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 16, 2019 at 5:59 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 16, 2019 at 4:28 am)NightHawk Wrote: You make a rather good point. I want Dump, I mean Trump gone as much as the next person. I really do. But I don't think the House will vote for impeachment. I just don't see them getting enough Republicans - as well as some Democrats are apparently getting cold feet as well. The average American will see this news and think "why should I care about this? My 401K is doing great, I have a steady job and the economy is doing rather decent." To lots of Americans this story just looks as if Democrats are just bitter over the 2016 election. Which that obviously isn't the case. But that is how it looks. 

I think you're a little confused.  It's virtually a dead cert that the House will vote to impeach sometime in the next few days.  It's unlikely in the extreme that the Senate will vote to convict.

What I find extremely troubling is that McConnell is coordinating the trial with the White House.  Since when do jurors get to arrange things with the accused?

Boru

Yeah sorry got things a little mixed up my bad. And that is troubling. Sadly however that doesn't surprise me. McConnell is probably one of the most corrupt politicians of our time.
(December 16, 2019 at 6:30 am)NightHawk Wrote:
(December 16, 2019 at 5:59 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I think you're a little confused.  It's virtually a dead cert that the House will vote to impeach sometime in the next few days.  It's unlikely in the extreme that the Senate will vote to convict.

Boru

Yeah sorry got things a little mixed up my bad. And that is troubling. Sadly however that doesn't surprise me. McConnell is probably one of the most corrupt politicians of our time.

That reads a little more accurately.
(December 18, 2019 at 2:11 pm)ohio_drg Wrote:
(December 16, 2019 at 6:30 am)NightHawk Wrote: Yeah sorry got things a little mixed up my bad. And that is troubling. Sadly however that doesn't surprise me. McConnell is probably one of the most corrupt politicians of our time.

That reads a little more accurately.

There we go! Hilarious

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Biden Impeachment onlinebiker 32 1772 November 8, 2020 at 10:55 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1058 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump’s evangelical adviser to Jim Bakker: ‘It’s not Republicans vs Dems — it’s God v Secular Elf 6 829 March 4, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Explain the impeachment to me Nay_Sayer 23 2571 January 4, 2020 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  The Ego of Impeachment onlinebiker 48 3522 December 18, 2019 at 11:09 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Impeachment Update onlinebiker 50 3624 December 13, 2019 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Pelosi announces impeachment investigation. onlinebiker 41 5106 October 7, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Figbash
  Trump under fire for racially-charged tweets against congresswomen zebo-the-fat 151 9891 August 10, 2019 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36895 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  The Downside of Impeachment onlinebiker 48 4761 February 3, 2019 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: GODZILLA