Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EU bans sale of my epilepsy drug to USA, I'm f****d.
EU bans sale of my epilepsy drug to USA, I'm f****d.

Well, what was predicted has now happened. With states getting ever-desperate to kill its prisoners under the death penalty, the EU has blocked the sale of sodium thiopental and pentobarbital (that is, truth serum and phenobarbital). Phenobarbital is an anaesthetic, and an anticonvulsant barbiturate on the Controlled Substance List. A large fraction of people with epilepsy require it to control intractable seizures (like me) where no other medication works. It is also the only treatment for status epilepticus (that is, sudden, continuous uncontrollable seizures caused by epilepsy, head trauma, or certain diseases).

The only company which makes phenobarbital is Lundbeck, a Danish firm subject to EU law and regulation.

Georgia’s state penitentiary system was just raided by DEA agents for illegally obtaining the drugs to carry out executions.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/dec...commission

Germany roundly rebuffed President Obama in an appeal for the anaesthetic and anticonvulsant phenobarbital.

I am f----d. In the name of “justice” and “punishment” to use medicinals for executions, two million epileptics, plus head injury sufferers and those with certain diseases subject to status epilepticus in this country thank you. Certain numbers of us are now sentenced to die for the crime of epilepsy, disease, or a head injury. No one would prohibit Remington from selling bullets for a firing squad, bullets are for killing. Use that, dammit.

James.

The Lavender Ribbon for Epilepsy Awareness.
The lavender flower is traditionally associated with solitude,
symbolizing the feelings of isolation and seclusion that people
living with epilepsy and seizure disorders often experience.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
RE: EU bans sale of my epilepsy drug to USA, I'm f****d.
How 'bout just not killing people in the name of "justice"? That'd probably be the best bet.

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Hopefully they can get things worked out in short order.
That's fucked up! I'm so sorry to hear that.

What is wrong with this world?

Man that really sucks. This is a serious problem indeed. How does this drug work on epileptics? Does it just reduce the seizure or stops it, or prevent it?

As an aside, you can use the word fuck and fucked up here, we are not a nanny state forum.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Oh NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I am so sorry to hear that Anymouse!! Don't give up hope just YET! there may be a way around this issue.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about choice and laws in the USA ShinyCrystals 7 1003 October 15, 2023 at 10:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Some Iranian commanded Attack to USA . AVMXF 47 2541 August 25, 2023 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Sovereign citizen - more Loony Tunes in the USA Ferrocyanide 20 1994 March 20, 2023 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Yellow alert: warning USA in danger Eclectic 105 8023 November 25, 2022 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What you think of USA voting system? Woah0 10 934 August 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1731 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Big Two G2 USA and China Interaktive 19 1292 May 17, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why do non english speaking countries call USA for USA Sweden83 9 1118 December 4, 2020 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  USA politics of hate Richi29 4 382 July 23, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Police in USA arent racist, its just American culture is all Ramus932 10 841 June 14, 2020 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Zepp