Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is hatred ever a productive thing to have?
Is hatred ever a productive thing to have?
is hatred ever beneifitial? what about anger?
RE: Is hatred ever a productive thing to have?
absolutly, aslong as you can channel it and keep it focused it can give you a great deal of motivations to overcome certain obstecales
What about the hatred of a lack of productivity?

Anger? Anger gives you focus, makes you stronger.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
Science is funded by hatred of other countries.
Sure. I don't think we should sing kumbaya to terrorists and nazis.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Anger is OK, if it's managed and used productively.

Hate... that's another can of worms I think. I don't know that it's possible to be completely free from it, but I have personally noted that the less hate and anger I feel, the happier I am (not to mention those around me).

(March 6, 2013 at 7:33 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Sure. I don't think we should sing kumbaya to terrorists and nazis.

Neither do I. However, I don't know that it's necessary to hate one's enemies.
Nothing is necessary. The blowback from one fundamentalism leads to the next.

You can sit on the Himalayas and watch it from afar.

Nevertheless, I do hate that people will not have peace with me no matter what I do.
Funding the balance is difficult thing I think. I personality don't realise when my anger has developed into hatred in heat of the moment. I think it must take a lot of experience and confidence to be in control.
(March 6, 2013 at 4:59 pm)justin Wrote: is hatred ever beneifitial? what about anger?

Both seemed to work well for Jehovah. I'd say those are his go-to emotions.
[Image: Evolution.png]

I think i have held my anger in over the years with somethings and this was because i use to suffer with a bad temper when i was younger and made alot of changes. but i feel i may have been wrong on not letting hatred or anger be the answer to anything. i think it can break me from my chains so to speak. but can be a venom if i let it dwell. it`s hard to know when getting angry or seperating yourself using hatred is appropriate or useful. i sound like a total nutcase i know. but it has been something that i have always thought on. on that fine line between useful and destructful.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hatred Harris 132 14666 March 12, 2017 at 7:47 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Are stigmas and and prejudices, inherently based on fear, ignorance and hatred? WisdomOfTheTrees 26 5080 February 8, 2017 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Necessary Thing Ignorant 204 19852 April 24, 2016 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Hatred: Too good to give up? Ashground 23 4898 June 21, 2015 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: popsthebuilder
  One thing I find encouraging on here! vodkafan 143 18796 August 28, 2014 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Losty
Lightbulb Why do we look at death as a bad thing? FractalEternalWheel 30 4817 March 18, 2014 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Individualism, the worst thing to come from religion. I and I 21 5436 December 26, 2013 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
Question One thing that makes you doubt your own world view? Tea Earl Grey Hot 9 2736 July 14, 2013 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  Is there such a thing as choice ? Rwandrall 21 5190 June 8, 2011 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Zenith