Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One thing I find encouraging on here!
One thing I find encouraging on here!
Is that there is much less discussion of same sex marriage than I would have thought coming from the religious on this forum.
Which indicates to me that it is no longer a big deal. People are marrying who they want and the sky is not falling in, the world is still turning about the sun.
Christians and others have grudgingly accepted it...?
It's not immoral to eat meat, abort a fetus or love someone of the same sex...I think that about covers it
RE: One thing I find encouraging on here!
I think they have embraced that they have lost this one. You'll always get a few lagging behind but in all its far more damaging socially to be openly homophobic than it is to be gay.
(July 26, 2014 at 10:19 am)Insanity Wrote: I think they have embraced that they have lost this one. You'll always get a few lagging behind but in all its far more damaging socially to be openly homophobic than it is to be gay.

Far more ??! Being gay is not even slightly damaging, infact it is in some cases beneficial .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(July 26, 2014 at 10:19 am)Insanity Wrote: I think they have embraced that they have lost this one. You'll always get a few lagging behind but in all its far more damaging socially to be openly homophobic than it is to be gay.

Homophobics haven't lost the war. Look at Uganda
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

I don't know where you guys live but it is seriously socially damaging to be gay where I live.

(July 26, 2014 at 10:49 am)Blackout Wrote:

Homophobics haven't lots the war. Look at Uganda

Dey eat da poo poo
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I'm hopeful that if 'Cafeteriaism' is daubed upon the faces of the Christers enough, they might realize their EXTREME selection bias regarding Bible verses they feel motivated to follow and ignore in their private lives might temper their wrath over Gay marriage.
Or they go the opposite route...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Where I live homosexuality has mixed views. Most older and middle aged people don't accept it, most times it isn't even because of god, just because it's socially unacceptable and looks disgusting, I've never seen catholics making protests against gay marriage. Young people tend to accept gays more frequently, sometimes you'll see a gay couple holding hands on the street, but it's rare.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(July 26, 2014 at 10:49 am)Losty Wrote: I don't know where you guys live but it is seriously socially damaging to be gay where I live.

Perhaps I'm just surround by less shitty people. I can't talk for the entire planet obviously. Only from my own experience and the experience of those I know. I think in a lot of big towns/cities in the west its not a big deal.

There is a fair chance I'm completely wrong. I'm not gay so I've never seen the repercussions personally. What I said was based on that its not discussed very often here on a forum with a majority of people from the US, UK and EU. Of course if you live in Uganda things are different.
(July 26, 2014 at 11:04 am)Insanity Wrote:
(July 26, 2014 at 10:49 am)Losty Wrote: I don't know where you guys live but it is seriously socially damaging to be gay where I live.

Perhaps I'm just surround by less shitty people. I can't talk for the entire planet obviously. Only from my own experience and the experience of those I know. I think in a lot of big towns/cities in the west its not a big deal.

There is a fair chance I'm completely wrong. I'm not gay so I've never seen the repercussions personally. What I said was based on that its not discussed very often here on a forum with a majority of people from the US, UK and EU. Of course if you live in Uganda things are different.

Or Russia, not so much because of the anti-gay laws, but more likely because Russians hate gays. Even younger ones. And I find curious that Russian is not that religious compared to other countries

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Necessary Thing Ignorant 204 19852 April 24, 2016 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: J a c k
Lightbulb Why do we look at death as a bad thing? FractalEternalWheel 30 4817 March 18, 2014 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Individualism, the worst thing to come from religion. I and I 21 5436 December 26, 2013 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
Question One thing that makes you doubt your own world view? Tea Earl Grey Hot 9 2736 July 14, 2013 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  Is hatred ever a productive thing to have? justin 42 10834 April 2, 2013 at 11:03 am
Last Post: festive1
  How do you find meaning as an atheist? AthianGuildmaster 47 10824 February 8, 2013 at 12:02 am
Last Post: JDFlood
  Are we all just part of a computer simulation? Scientists are trying to find that out. TaraJo 40 15013 December 26, 2012 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Is there such a thing as choice ? Rwandrall 21 5190 June 8, 2011 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Zenith