Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Spirit Molecule
The Spirit Molecule
Anyone else had pretty heavy DMT experiences? Anything from dreaming to hallucinations, from meditation to drugs.
RE: The Spirit Molecule
(March 9, 2013 at 8:51 pm)naimless Wrote: Anyone else had pretty heavy DMT experiences? Anything from dreaming to hallucinations, from meditation to drugs.
Never. But when I turn 50, I'm going down to South America for some ayahausca (sp).
I see stuff all the time from using LSD, mushrooms, salvia, Ketamine, MDMA, and other psychedelics together. I have never done DMT though. I would recommend not using psychedelic drugs, unless you want to mess your brain up really bad. Peoples personalities change and they get weird. Drugs are bad.

(March 9, 2013 at 9:10 pm)ChadWooters Wrote:
(March 9, 2013 at 8:51 pm)naimless Wrote: Anyone else had pretty heavy DMT experiences? Anything from dreaming to hallucinations, from meditation to drugs.
Never. But when I turn 50, I'm going down to South America for some ayahausca (sp).

Are you aware of the teaching in the New Testament about pharmakei / taking drugs as sorcery / magic experinces? I have become severly demonized doing this. I would seriously recommend not doing ayahauasca. The BIble also forbids drinking to drunkenness. Which I think covers this.
Do you realise DMT is released when you are in REM sleep? You can achieve it without doing drugs. It is part of any dream you have, the potency is just lower. I have stimulated my pineal gland through simple breathing exercises and meditation before. Taoist and Hindu practices open the third eye chakra this way.

As for it being "bad", it is the molecule most released during birth and death, and it is in almost every single living organism. It is probably as close to life and death you can get as an experience so I can understand why it may be disturbing.

Nevertheless, the universe is very anarchic and its molecules are inside of us.
Never got around to DMT. What a pity. Oh well, I've tripped enough in my life to be satisfied.
There is lots of stuff released in your body. That doesn't mean you should smoke it.
(March 9, 2013 at 10:14 pm)jstrodel Wrote: There is lots of stuff released in your body. That doesn't mean you should smoke it.

You don't understand DMT then. It's a chemical that your own body produces. It doesn't require "smoking" and there are several studies that you may be interested in.
???

must be a language bareer, what does DMT stand for?

When I googled it it left me with 2 possibilities:

Desoxymethyltestosterone

and

Dimethyltryptamine
Not the testosterone one Tongue
The latter, if I am not mistaken.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In the spirit of Epicurus – and where I differ Mequa 3 815 November 28, 2014 at 4:11 am
Last Post: Mequa