Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Bin Laden chose the 11 September specificaly?
Did Bin Laden chose the 11 September specificaly?
I was born in Vienna (Wien). Ich bin ein Wiener. Wiener Blut.

As such I was tought of the 11th of september 1683. Which is the date on which the second siege of Vienna ended. (a fact often ignored by german historians and conservatives) the city of vienna which was no longer capable to save itself was then rescued by the polish King Sobieski who lead an army of several christian nations for it`s liberation.
Vienna was besieged by the then Kaliphat of the Ottoman empire, who if they had won, would have probably expanded a muslim empire far into Europe. The end of the siege also marked the beginning of the end for the last kaliphat. shortly after the siege several european nations declared war against the ottoman empire and they would start losing terretory rapedly up to their final collapse in 1917.

So I have heard it by various people that Bin Laden chose the 11th of September on purpose because the last Kaliphat (one could say) started to end on that day. But most people whom I heard say that are "Eurabian" conspiracy nuts. And dates have more assosiations as one may think. William Walace defeated the English in the battle of Stirling bridge on the 11 September, The Island of Manhatten was found, Hungary opend the iron curtain and many more events.

So do you think or have sources that prove that Bin Laden chose that date on purpose because of that siege?
RE: Did Bin Laden chose the 11 September specificaly?
From the day that it occurred, I have always thought it was done on the September 11 because the american emergency number is 911. Thinking
^I was going to post that connection. But the date could be coincidental, seeing that most of the world writes the date like this: 11/09/01.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
I dont thin anyone realy choses a certain date with keeping historic significants in mind.

Hitlers invasion of the Soviet Union started on exactly the same day of the month on which Napoleon invaded Russia, with Göbbels assuring him that he neednt be supersticious and his troops wouldnt freeze.

I think it is simply because of maths, if you count up every single historic event that has ever happened in modern history and divide it through 365, you are bound to find some occasional an misterious looking overlaps. But getting too deep into such stuff is just stupid bollock and should be left to be done by the people who listen to Alex Johnes.

Yet I find this particular example to be a bit of an exception since Bin Laden had a medieval mindset and that this may even fit into his way of thinking.
What difference does it make?
(March 9, 2013 at 11:42 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: I was born in Vienna (Wien). Ich bin ein Wiener. Wiener Blut.

As such I was tought of the 11th of september 1683. Which is the date on which the second siege of Vienna ended. (a fact often ignored by german historians and conservatives) the city of vienna which was no longer capable to save itself was then rescued by the polish King Sobieski who lead an army of several christian nations for it`s liberation.
Vienna was besieged by the then Kaliphat of the Ottoman empire, who if they had won, would have probably expanded a muslim empire far into Europe. The end of the siege also marked the beginning of the end for the last kaliphat. shortly after the siege several european nations declared war against the ottoman empire and they would start losing terretory rapedly up to their final collapse in 1917.

So I have heard it by various people that Bin Laden chose the 11th of September on purpose because the last Kaliphat (one could say) started to end on that day. But most people whom I heard say that are "Eurabian" conspiracy nuts. And dates have more assosiations as one may think. William Walace defeated the English in the battle of Stirling bridge on the 11 September, The Island of Manhatten was found, Hungary opend the iron curtain and many more events.

So do you think or have sources that prove that Bin Laden chose that date on purpose because of that siege?

I don't think bin laden actually chose anything, It's just a feeling i get.
To me the situation seems sort of like if you imagine a big kid in school gets knocked out but doesn't see who does it, then people start saying the little kid did it, he denies it, but then as his friends are crowding around him saying "wow you knocked out the big kid you are tough" he just says oh yeh that was me.
Although I could be wrong because it's just a feeling i get based on the way osama bin laden originally denied doing the attacks, and i do think whoever did it probably was funded or related in some way to osama.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

@OP: Might be, but then on the other hand, if 9/11 had taken place on 13.2, how many fitting events do you find during that time that could correlate with the Twin Tower disaster?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where is Osama bin Laden from? WinterHold 34 2441 August 29, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Try to remember the kind of September When life was slow and oh, so mellow." Minimalist 0 512 June 7, 2017 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Are certain horrific aspects of catholicism distinctive to that sect specificaly. Something completely different 25 5811 July 31, 2013 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Lucanus
  Romney credit for killing Bin Laden...... 5thHorseman 12 3917 September 12, 2012 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Bin Laden's Denial of 9/11 Rayaan 48 16619 May 12, 2011 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Rayaan
  Sarah Palin offers thanks to Bush, not Obama, for death of Bin Laden reverendjeremiah 49 18228 May 9, 2011 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Napoléon