Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh the Irony
Oh the Irony
Quote:A day ahead of the papal conclave, faces at the scandal-struck Vatican were even redder than usual after it emerged that the Holy See had purchased a €23 million (£21 million) share of a Rome apartment block that houses Europe’s biggest gay sauna.

The senior Vatican figure sweating the most due to the unlikely proximity of the gay Europa Multiclub is probably Cardinal Ivan Dias, the head of the Congregation for Evangelisation of Peoples, who is due to participate in tomorrow’s election at the Sistine Chapel.
Independant
Well this is awkward.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Oh the Irony
Well, at least these cardinals have somewhere to go when they're bored.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Irony Der/die AtheistIn 61 7387 October 6, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  The irony behind religion Dystopia 11 2895 July 11, 2014 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Thick, delicious irony Cyberman 39 8691 May 13, 2013 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Cardinal Pell;my irony meter broke Oldandeasilyconfused 11 3632 May 5, 2011 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah