Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardinal Pell;my irony meter broke
Cardinal Pell;my irony meter broke
Just sat down in front of the TV to have my lunch, and pickle me grandmother!-there was that slimy Cardinal George Pell.

First he said "we are judged as people by the way we confront evil,or refuse to do so" . He said that po faced,as usual, and without a hint of irony,also as usual.

George went on to claim 2000 years of Christian influence for the wonderful way Aussies responded to recent natural disasters.

I then turned off the TV,fair dinkum, nearly put me off my baked beans.Angry

I understand the notion of cognitive dissonance, but this bloke is just ridiculous. I guess unavoidable for a senior Catholic prelate.
RE: Cardinal Pell;my irony meter broke
He's the one that said the Green Party is unholy.
(April 21, 2011 at 10:36 pm)padraic Wrote: George went on to claim 2000 years of Christian influence for the wonderful way Aussies responded to recent natural disasters.

And the fact that they've chosen to live in a land where every living thing can easily kill you doesn't toughen you up?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 21, 2011 at 10:36 pm)padraic Wrote: First he said "we are judged as people by the way we confront evil,or refuse to do so" .

He is right, as most people judge the cathaholic church as a bunch of sleazy child molestors.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(April 21, 2011 at 11:10 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(April 21, 2011 at 10:36 pm)padraic Wrote: George went on to claim 2000 years of Christian influence for the wonderful way Aussies responded to recent natural disasters.

And the fact that they've chosen to live in a land where every living thing can easily kill you doesn't toughen you up?

ROFLOL

Just a wild guess; you're not an Aussie are you.

It's perfectly safe. No chance of being eaten by a shark,as long as you stay out of the sea. The last time I went swimming at a beach was at Manly (Sydney) in 1972. Nearly fucking drowned.

These days even our crocodiles are quite tame. They make great pets and splendid watch dogs.

[Image: cid_1C2F725C31614C2E9995D56B2068A2A.jpg]
Those instructions were only designed for the stereotyped blonde. How ironic Tongue
(April 22, 2011 at 3:03 am)padraic Wrote: These days even our crocodiles are quite tame.

They should be,

They've eaten so many tourists they're too fat to chase anything now.

Wait, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that bit.

The tourist board gets really upset.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(April 22, 2011 at 3:03 am)padraic Wrote:
(April 21, 2011 at 11:10 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:

ROFLOL

Just a wild guess; you're not an Aussie are you.

It's perfectly safe. No chance of being eaten by a shark,as long as you stay out of the sea. The last time I went swimming at a beach was at Manly (Sydney) in 1972. Nearly fucking drowned.
I'm just going by this site. I mean, if even the birds can very well disembowel you with a single kick, and trees can explode, something is very fucked up.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 21, 2011 at 10:36 pm)padraic Wrote: Just sat down in front of the TV to have my lunch, and pickle me grandmother!-there was that slimy Cardinal George Pell.

First he said "we are judged as people by the way we confront evil,or refuse to do so" . He said that po faced,as usual, and without a hint of irony,also as usual.

George went on to claim 2000 years of Christian influence for the wonderful way Aussies responded to recent natural disasters.

I then turned off the TV,fair dinkum, nearly put me off my baked beans.Angry

I understand the notion of cognitive dissonance, but this bloke is just ridiculous. I guess unavoidable for a senior Catholic prelate.

i put my hand on a hot stove and it burned! Tongue

That must be because you didn't believe.......................................... that the stove was hot!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cardinal George Pell has conviction overturned Agnostico 70 4324 May 9, 2020 at 8:24 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Cardinal George Pell. fredd bear 37 3541 March 13, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Irony Der/die AtheistIn 61 7282 October 6, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  The irony behind religion Dystopia 11 2870 July 11, 2014 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Thick, delicious irony Cyberman 39 8665 May 13, 2013 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Pope candidate Cardinal Turkson: Pedophilia is a white thing Ziploc Surprise 28 10673 March 24, 2013 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Oh the Irony Gooders1002 1 1015 March 12, 2013 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Broke my Heart... festive1 38 6975 February 5, 2013 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Cardinal Murphy O'Connor DaveP 0 1220 March 6, 2009 at 7:31 am
Last Post: DaveP