Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, here I am
Well, here I am
I did have a decent introduction prepared, but my browser decided to crash.

As can be gleaned from my username, I am an atheist. I was initially searching for a general religious debate forum, but none of them met my expectations. Therefore, I decided to go straight to the source of my beliefs and become a member of an atheist forum.

My first question, rather than create an entirely new thread to ask it, is this forum strictly comprised of atheists or are there also believers here seeking surprising conversations?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Well, here I am
of course there are

and

Guten Abend
I just realized that.

and

Danke
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Welcome. Don't take any wooden shekels.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Welcome. There are theists who think their fairy tales are true. That's even more fun!
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome.
(March 15, 2013 at 11:15 pm)Mr Infidel Wrote: Therefore, I decided to go straight to the source of my lack of beliefs and become a member of an atheist forum.
FIXED that for you! Big Grin

In doing so I hope I also answered your question.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
To quote Obe Wan from the first original Star Wars "You will never find a more retched hive of scum and villainy."

Or you will find a lot of smart decent atheists.
Howdy!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, it's been about four years. What's up all? Mudhammam 12 1209 July 15, 2021 at 10:36 am
Last Post: tackattack
  well im back dyresand 12 1207 April 25, 2020 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Well hello Abaddon_ire 23 3225 October 6, 2017 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Well hello atheist forums anonymousyam 27 3453 April 3, 2016 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: c172
  Well, Hai Ari Sheffield 14 2080 March 21, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  well, hello Mermaid 30 4520 October 10, 2015 at 4:37 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Good Morning! (...well, it's morning here anyway) Lewligan 13 2508 June 11, 2014 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  well I'm here ,what do you know.. Artur Axmann 10 2394 May 28, 2014 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Brakeman
  Well well, what have we here? BlackMason 13 2502 May 11, 2014 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Well here I am yoshirama 26 3457 January 27, 2014 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor