Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well hello
Well hello
Greetings all, 

By way of intro, I am an atheist for more than thirty years, gave that up about the same time as santa. 

I find myself here on foot of a god-botherer, who somehow managed to buy a ban in the space of a day on this very site. Said wing-nut continues to haunt my usual hang-outs.

But I was interested to hear others thoughts on actually being an atheist, how it impacts their lives, and anything else germane.

I may even be able to contribute some thoughts.
RE: Well hello
Welcome.

If I can swing a dead cat and not hit a christian, it's a good day.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 4, 2017 at 4:48 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Welcome.

If I can swing a dead cat and not hit a christian, it's a good day.

Thanks. If you can swing a cat and hit a christian it's probably a good day. I was raised RCC. How my parents managed to raise four total heathens is anyone's guess. Both are long dead now. But all of us nevertheless ended up as atheists and there was no acrimony. A tribute to their tolerance perhaps. Or their ability to pretend it is not there is like an elephant in the room.  

In any event, it is clear to me that I had a big fat easy path to atheism, but I am the exception. Most do not.
Welcome.

Which idiot got banned?
welcome
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Hitting xtians is almost the whole point of swinging cats.

Hi new guy! Unless you're a sock of an old guy, in which case... well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Tongue
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Welcome
(October 4, 2017 at 5:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Welcome.

Which idiot got banned?

Well, it is considered actionable to specify individuals where I am used to and I don't think I am allowed yet to post links? And I am really feeling my way into the culture on this site.

Without specifying any individual, does the principle of thought curvature ring any bells?
WE have Cyberman here to make a ruling.  Like felons in Texas I don't think banned posters should have any rights at all.
Abaddon_ire Wrote:Greetings all, 

By way of intro, I am an atheist for more than thirty years, gave that up about the same time as santa. 

I find myself here on foot of a god-botherer, who somehow managed to buy a ban in the space of a day on this very site. Said wing-nut continues to haunt my usual hang-outs.

But I was interested to hear others thoughts on actually being an atheist, how it impacts their lives, and anything else germane.

I may even be able to contribute some thoughts.

Hello yourself. Welcome to our forum, I hope you like it here.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, it's been about four years. What's up all? Mudhammam 12 1177 July 15, 2021 at 10:36 am
Last Post: tackattack
  well im back dyresand 12 1185 April 25, 2020 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Well hello atheist forums anonymousyam 27 3440 April 3, 2016 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: c172
  Well, Hai Ari Sheffield 14 2073 March 21, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  well, hello Mermaid 30 4499 October 10, 2015 at 4:37 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Good Morning! (...well, it's morning here anyway) Lewligan 13 2501 June 11, 2014 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  well I'm here ,what do you know.. Artur Axmann 10 2358 May 28, 2014 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Brakeman
  Well well, what have we here? BlackMason 13 2475 May 11, 2014 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Well here I am yoshirama 26 3409 January 27, 2014 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  Well, here I am Foxaèr 11 2469 March 17, 2013 at 7:50 am
Last Post: LastPoet