Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sarah was half-sister of Abraham?
Sarah was half-sister of Abraham?
Is this what the Bible teaches? I almost threw up when I heard this. How can people believe in incest?
RE: Sarah was half-sister of Abraham?
(March 16, 2013 at 11:29 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Is this what the Bible teaches? I almost threw up when I heard this. How can people believe in incest?

Dont forget that some Christians believe Cain in the early chapters of Genesis married his own sister.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...cains-wife

Also not to mention there is a law in the book of Deuteronomy which is the following;

"When brothers live together and one of them dies and has no son, the wife of the deceased shall not be married outside the family to a strange man. Her husband's brother shall go in to her and take her to himself as wife and perform the duty of a husband's brother to her.
Deuteronomy 25:5 NASB
undefined
(March 16, 2013 at 11:29 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Is this what the Bible teaches? I almost threw up when I heard this. How can people believe in incest?

The same way they can believe in the Qur'an, Pentateuch and a million and one other so called "inspired holy texts"
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Let's not forget that the incestual couple was also incredibly old.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

Have to remember Sarah and Abraham were around before the Law forbade the union. Different time, different circumstances.
Quote: Different time, different circumstances.

But still just fucking his sister.

Jacob married two of his cousins, Leah and Rachael (Gen 29).

Do I hear banjos playing?

(March 18, 2013 at 11:38 am)Drich Wrote: Have to remember Sarah and Abraham were around before the Law forbade the union. Different time, different circumstances.

I thought Christians believed in absolute and objective morals, set in place by an unchanging god.

Are morals objective and absolute or are they not?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(March 18, 2013 at 11:45 am)DeistPaladin Wrote:

Jacob married two of his cousins, Leah and Rachael (Gen 29).

Do I hear banjos playing?

(March 18, 2013 at 11:38 am)Drich Wrote: Have to remember Sarah and Abraham were around before the Law forbade the union. Different time, different circumstances.

I thought Christians believed in absolute and objective morals, set in place by an unchanging god.

Are morals objective and absolute or are they not?

As God - apparently - is in control and knows everything, he obviously engineered this so that he could bypass his own laws.

So much for timeless wisdom eh?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

They can believe it because their wits are reflective of their having been begotten through it?

How do you suppose Drich's bloodline escaped incest when the world consisted only of his ultimate great granpa, his ultimate great granma, their offsprings who were all siblings, and a snake?

By bestiality with the snake? No! That would be a sin!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still Angry about Abraham and Isaac zwanzig 29 1996 October 1, 2023 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
Exclamation Abraham, Isaac, and a Dead Toddler Bob Kelso 164 29070 June 20, 2014 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Sarah Palin gets protection from witchcraft Ziploc Surprise 2 1587 January 21, 2012 at 7:16 am
Last Post: BloodyHeretic
Bug Half of Americans believe U.S. Christians persecuted reverendjeremiah 26 6592 May 15, 2011 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Zen Badger