Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survival instinct - looks like shit!
Survival instinct - looks like shit!
I cant help but think that this game will be nothing else but a half hearted attempt to cash in on the comercial success of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xED-90Q4vu8

at least from the looks of it, cause it looks like shit.
RE: Survival instinct - looks like shit!
Wow, that does look terrible. Really terrible.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The Facebook version of the game is not all that great either.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
What the hell have they made?

I'll just replay Telltales The Walking Dead game. It was good.
Cunt
Maybe someone should remind them that it's not 2006 anymore.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
That looks terrible. I'll stick with Dead Island.
Oh, so the way to go down a ladder is to fall down it.
Well, I am sure glad that I didnt preorder it or some shit.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvvQMgF0nnU
(March 26, 2013 at 1:52 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: Oh, so the way to go down a ladder is to fall down it.

And land on your head and break your neck...

That trailer was so awful it's a wonder they don't try to keep game-play clips from going public. I'm only half joking; who thought the trailer would actually make people want to buy the game? (I only watched the first one)
Just watched the second one. Amusing only for how bad it was.
"That's some severe rigor mortis"
Heh, you guys aren't the only ones who think it's crap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking...#Reception

Quote:The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct has garnered a major negative response. Metacritic has aggregated a score of 36/100, indicating 'generally unfavourably reviews'. Polygon were disappointed in the game and gave it a 3 out of 10 rating, stating that: "The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is the exact sort of lazy, cheap cash-grab that gave licensed games a bad name in the first place" and compared playing the game to "listening to a roomful of barely competent musicians, each of whom is playing a completely different song. And every once in a while one kicks you in the groin. Also, you have a sunburn." IGN gave the game 4.5/10 concluding the game didn't live up to the franchises expectations and is not worthy of attention. The review cited ugly graphics, a poor combat system, copious filler missions and a lacking narrative. Game Informer gave the game 5/10, stating that the game is a "repetitive and uneventful journey through the apocalypse."

What did we really expect, though, from the studio that gave us such blockbuster titles like...uh...Kinect Star Wars...and...uhm...Bloodrayne. ...Yeah. Bloodrayne. Cuz. That was a huge game, totally not memorable only for the redheaded vampire chick with huge tits who showed up in a digital-girls edition of Playboy Magazine, but instead for its gripping action and...uh...

Ok so I never played Bloodrayne, for the same reason I won't touch this game; it looked like crap.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New game released! Looks good! Fidel_Castronaut 2 307 October 27, 2018 at 8:51 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Why Freemium is SHIT Edwardo Piet 6 1459 August 2, 2015 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  Killzone 3 Looks Very Good HeyItsZeus 2 1592 January 14, 2011 at 8:49 am
Last Post: Dotard