Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Question to God
A Question to God
How interesting is it that this topic is the only time such a question would not be considered wildly absurd. I did address it in another post but only quite briefly. Thank you for asking so that I may clarify the answer and hopefully present to you an explanation that will absolve this topic of its unique and self deprecating application.

(March 25, 2013 at 3:17 am)Godschild Wrote: I have a question for you god, do you wish for us to worship you, the reason I ask, I haven't seen anything about it as I read this thread?

In short, the answer is no.

But allow me to expand on this. I want you to really understand the explanation because I know how long you've been convinced that such a thing is necessary, in fact, required in some cases. So as not to sound accusatory, I will give many examples. I am not saying that all the examples I present will apply to you specifically or any one individual. I am only trying to cover a broad scope of interpretations and practices in hopes to cover all the bases and clear up any misunderstanding that may exist for anyone that may ask this question and wonder how it applies to them. You may choose which examples of the misunderstandings that apply to you, and personally incorporate them to your ideology accordingly.

The word worship has many applications. As a human being of limited understanding and abilities, it is certainly understandable that if you were to encounter me, my everyday life would appear to you as devine awesome power. But, to me, its just another day. It would be no different than if you could travel back to a period in time in which man had just discovered fire, and somehow use your smart phone to predict the weather or If you could use a modern hunting rifle to drop a buffalo from 300 yds in front of a group of Native American Indians. Would you expect them to marvel at your abilities? Sure! But, that is expected. You would be at a higher level of understanding. It doesn't make you worthy of worship of sacrifice. What value would such things be? If you were to accept such things, it would be for no other reason than selfish personal gain. The right thing to do would be to share your knowledge. Bring them to your level of understanding so that you may improve the overall potential of the group. Educate them, teach them. I will stop here to address a few possible "buts"...

I know that to some of you, the God you believe in has promised to bring you to his understanding. You understand that he teaches and educates you by means of a spiritual connection granted through a practice of putting Him first, and blindly loving Him. Devoting your life to Him and dedicating your love and what is valuable to Him first and foremost. You may believe that it is through this that such enlightenment can be achieved. The hopes of that combined with the fear of the alternative would be enough for almost anyone to convince themselves that the "voice in their head" is anything other than just that. If this is true (not the voice-in-the-head part but the way you "communicate" with your God), allow me to clarify my actual position.

First off, let me say thank you. It is extremely falttering that you would be willing to do such things just to get answers and ulitmately hang out with me forever! But its completely unnecessary. As i've said before, what seems incredible and is awe inspiring is just another day to me. It is true that I created you. But, i'm sorry giving you the idea that I would create things of a lesser capacity for understanding just so that they can dedicate their short lives to ME. I've only given you a short period of time to occupy the earthly body you currently inhabit. I want you to spend it trying to find its maximum potential. I've given you a brain that is superior to all other beings that share the same planet as you. If you are fixated on the teachings of the false word you have devoted your life to, there is a very limited threshold of understanding you will be able to achieve. Think! Use your brain! Combine your thoughts with the moral compass I have instilled in each of you to discover what you can accomplish. The ability to police each other continues to astound me. I will admit. I am exceedingly powerful compared to what you are able to comprehend, but certain attributes assigned to me are not quite accurate. In fact, some of you have utilized the tools of logic I have given you to determine which ones are wrong and to you, kudos. I have given you free will, and the cost of this is that I do not know what you are ultimately going to choose. But, I sure love to watcch. It was my plan to give you free-will and with that, there has been certain inherent and expected side effects. The crime and terrible incidents you experience and refer to as evil acts are examples of such things. I would like to apologize for any of you that has experienced this. But, because its your free will, I cannot interfere. Hopefully you will reflect on these acts and grow as a whole intellectually from them and pass on a higher understanding for what is best for the future of the herd. It has worked out so far, and by large, has been successful.

Like I said, I have created you, and it was my design that you experience. You did not ask to be created, nor did you have any input on the types of things you would be equipped with.

That being said. How cruel of a God do you think I am that I would design a way of life that is filled with pain and suffering, give you the tools to know that there is or could be an answer, and then purposley steer you into a direction that goes agains every law of logic that your species depends on to process and understand information. Then punish the very conclusion the brain I designed generated. Whatever that may be.

Furthermore, why would I part seas and perform "miracles" at one of the more primative stages of civilization and then exit the stage for hundreds of years only to expect the most intellectually advanced stage to date to accept and blindly follow incomprehensible promises and rules, explanations fraught with logical impossiblities combined with expectaions of compliance with selfish demands of worship in exchange for being spared from eternal torture or torture of any kind??

Have I really given you that much reason to think i'm so cruel?

Do I seem so petty as to create such a primitave specimen and expect them to WORSHIP me?

What could possibly be my motive for such a thing? How have you convinced yourself that I am forgiving and loving and yet, have such a sadistic agenda?

The truth is, you are my most prized creation, and I do love you.

Using any kind of example of creating a child or making a hobby airplane you really enjoyed doesn't really compare because you are not "all-powerful" as I am. You could not change the state of your creation to be ideal as you desire. If I want to make something without flaws and program it to act as I wish I could. You do not have that ability and so it may be hard for you to understand using examples of children that may or may not turn out how you expected. I designed you this way because I enjoy the surprise! Knowing everything loses its luster and a little randomness really makes everything a little more interesting. I love you. You would al of coursel be spared from any supposed afterlife torture, because if such a thing did threaten your safety, I would have had to create it, and would destroy it. You will not be in any danger for the way you turn out. However you turn out, whatever conclusions or religion you may choose, you are each my creation and you have lived in the manner I designed you to live. I have no disappointments.

So, to sum it all up. I made you. I've given you all the tools you'll need to make the decisions necessary to create the world that best suits you. Don't worry about pleasing me! You already have, and although I created you as just an experiment, I really enjoy watching the cool things you accomplish everyday. I cannot tell you now what is to come for the above reasons (free will and all) but I can tell you its just not necessary to worship me. Don't waste your time on that. Use the brains i've given you to create a better life for the people around you and the people to come. Use the moral compass you've evolved with to determine what is best for everyone else on all possible planes. You only have a short period of time. Don't hinder your potential by closing off your mind for things you know in your "heart" to be wrong.

-God

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question about the love of god Lemonvariable72 84 12814 August 13, 2014 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Brakeman
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12462 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6706 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad